Murray AND Cleverly both rumoured to be off the Monaco show

iamasadlittleboy

Re: Murray AND Cleverly both rumoured to be off the Monaco show

Knew from the off no way would this fight happen, they obviously saw an African with a stoppage loss and thought it would be easy, then realised how good Makabu is and pulled out. Do wonder what the Murray thing is about though

Do wonder what the Murray thing is about though

--- Boxrec Brits say Murray is from a bad crowd that always makes big trouble with the implication Murray isn't as dedicated as he should be and might even be in some trouble.

Also I find these Monte Carlo shows a little shady in their match making, but I'd go if someone sent me just to see the place in exchange for reporting on specious bouts and officiating.

--- Boxrec Brits say Murray is from a bad crowd that always makes big trouble with the implication Murray isn't as dedicated as he should be and might even be in some trouble.

Also I find these Monte Carlo shows a little shady in their match making, but I'd go if someone sent me just to see the place in exchange for reporting on specious bouts and officiating.

someone on another site said he wasn't even training for this and had been on holiday, not sure how true that is, but if it is i wonder whats going on behind the scenes

From what I know Cleverly was looking forward to the fight. Even made a video, after all the forum crowd stated what a beast this untested African is. The main thing for me regarding Cleverly - is how he is making the weight and whether when he trains hard it falls off.

When you jump into a new weight category, in the higher divisions, then it's best to have a few testers there - didn't do Holyfield any harm, when he jumped from cruiser to Heavy.

The Murray pull-out is understandable, as not for a proper World title though after Murray's last performance he could probably do with a fight against someone like Fletcher.

From what I know Cleverly was looking forward to the fight. Even made a video, after all the forum crowd stated what a beast this untested African is. The main thing for me regarding Cleverly - is how he is making the weight and whether when he trains hard it falls off.

When you jump into a new weight category, in the higher divisions, then it's best to have a few testers there - didn't do Holyfield any harm, when he jumped from cruiser to Heavy.

The Murray pull-out is understandable, as not for a proper World title though after Murray's last performance he could probably do with a fight against someone like Fletcher.

I don't know if Makabu is untested, he looked good against Kucher in a fight I thought he'd lose, really made a believer of me there, he can punch has good shot selection and commits to it well, quick reflexes, calm in the pocket with good foot and head movement and a brutal body puncher. I knew they'd pull out, it was a mad fight to take, especially for your first at cruiser. The Amman fight was the right sort of level for Clev to test the waters at. You're right though, his issue will be with making weight, as in actually coming in a decent size. It might not be a bad idea to just have a couple of journeyman/knockover jobs off TV whilst building up to a walk around weight of 200+ so he can train down to 200

I don't know if Makabu is untested, he looked good against Kucher in a fight I thought he'd lose, really made a believer of me there, he can punch has good shot selection and commits to it well, quick reflexes, calm in the pocket with good foot and head movement and a brutal body puncher. I knew they'd pull out, it was a mad fight to take, especially for your first at cruiser. The Amman fight was the right sort of level for Clev to test the waters at. You're right though, his issue will be with making weight, as in actually coming in a decent size. It might not be a bad idea to just have a couple of journeyman/knockover jobs off TV whilst building up to a walk around weight of 200+ so he can train down to 200

It was a mad fight to take tbh.

A South African fight fan, that I know said the first round loss, for Makabu, was due to an injury - the same as Odlanier Solis had against Klitschko. Some people were jumping on it as being a KO loss but it was due to an injury.

I checked out quite a few of Makabu's fights and not sold on him, like you appear to be, but he does look a very solid Cruiser. People are kind of righting off Cleverly's chin after Kovalev but Sergey is a punching machine. Clev was always known for a good chin before Kovalev and got props for it.

I agree the Amman fight is a better way to test the water at Cruiser. :)