How much are boxing tickets in your country?

The_budweiser

How much are boxing tickets in your country?

UK prices can range from £30-60 for a standard ticket.

Was wondering how much it costs in other countrys. In Germany you can get into football premiership games for £10-15. How much is it for Germany boxing @mrblonde ?

How much are Asian tickets @iamasadlittleboy

Edited by the_budweiser

Re: How much are boxing tickets in your country?

For the January 17th Dangan show tickets are from 4000Yen to 10000Yen, which is £22 to £57

The January 10th Dangan show is from 4000 to 6000, £22 to £33

The show on the 10th is a small rookies show whilst the one on the 17th has a national title fight, hence the price difference.

For the Uchiyama/Kaneko and Miura/Jardon double header tickets were:

Ticket Price: SRS seat ¥ 50,000 / RS seat ¥ 30,000 / A seat specified ¥ 20,000 / B designation seat ¥ 10,000 / C specified seat ¥ 6,000

Not sure what the specific tiers were but they work out at £287, £172, £114, £57 and £34

The next Matchroom show (UK) (which is Selby v Munroe) have their tickets tiered at £30, £40, £60 and £120 so it seems like the value was in the Japanese card.

Yeah but those seats might be 3 miles from the ring at the top of a football arena.

Gav-

I'm reminded of a guy I know off of Facebook who lives in Texas and thought he'd go to Pacquaio-Clottey at Dallas Cowboy Stadium because he found out the cheapo tickets at the top were only $15 (that's about £9.5). I asked him how it went and he said "Horrible. I couldn't see a damn thing, it was basically watching the Jumbo-Tron like I would my TV for a PPV at home, and by the time I paid $25 to Park my Car and then money to get something to eat, it would've been cheaper if I had". :laugh:

"Horrible. I couldn't see a damn thing, it was basically watching the Jumbo-Tron like I would my TV for a PPV at home, and by the time I paid $25 to Park my Car and then money to get something to eat, it would've been cheaper if I had". :laugh:

--- Well, the guy got a much better deal than the typical boxing fan gets from midrange at the typical big show.

First off, I seem to recall this as being the Grand Debut of the new Cowboy Stadium which is a modern wonder of the world it must be admitted. Their Jumbotron is about the half basketball court size, so he could see both distant fight views directly to shift seamlessly to the jumbo with a mixture of true fight sounds such as punches and crowd roars and gasps mixed in, plus the slomo video between rounds.

I recall paying about 15 bucks general admission for a Jesus Chavez fight in one of the last uses of the old Austin Auditorium before it was dismantled for the behemoth event center of today, maybe 15 yrs ago. I could walk up to 3 sides of ring or any of the corners if I wanted or hang back as far as needed to escape the splatter. I saw stuff that still sticks with me to this day like the fighter trapped in a corner taking shot after shot as his noggin rolled about like a weighted stand up punching dummy for kids. It was so funny that I had to rush to the back so as not to disrespect the fighters, yet after relieving my guffaws and quaffing the rest of my beer cup I was able to stroll back and witness the the last few seconds of the whirlwind punching and dummy noggin lolling about before the bell ended the round. Amazingly the rest of the fight was competitive and went the distance. To contemplate the silly putty in the one fighter fists and the steel in the other's chin still defies the limitations of the physical world and written word, but there it is!

Edited by LondonRingRules

--- Well, the guy got a much better deal than the typical boxing fan gets from midrange at the typical big show.

First off, I seem to recall this as being the Grand Debut of the new Cowboy Stadium which is a modern wonder of the world it must be admitted. Their Jumbotron is about the half basketball court size, so he could see both distant fight views directly to shift seamlessly to the jumbo with a mixture of true fight sounds such as punches and crowd roars and gasps mixed in, plus the slomo video between rounds.

I recall paying about 15 bucks general admission for a Jesus Chavez fight in one of the last uses of the old Austin Auditorium before it was dismantled for the behemoth event center of today, maybe 15 yrs ago. I could walk up to 3 sides of ring or any of the corners if I wanted or hang back as far as needed to escape the splatter. I saw stuff that still sticks with me to this day like the fighter trapped in a corner taking shot after shot as his noggin rolled about like a weighted stand up punching dummy for kids. It was so funny that I had to rush to the back so as not to disrespect the fighters, yet after relieving my guffaws and quaffing the rest of my beer cup I was able to stroll back and witness the the last few seconds of the whirlwind punching and dummy noggin lolling about before the bell ended the round. Amazingly the rest of the fight was competitive and went the distance. To contemplate the silly putty in the one fighter fists and the steel in the other's chin still defies the limitations of the physical world and written word, but there it is!

In his case, maybe it had something to do with the fight he watched to, it's not like it was a competitive one as Clottey did very little. Interesting story on the old auditorium, places like that are sorely missed, for example the people on the forums that saw fights at the old Olympic Auditorium in LA still rave about it, their memories are seemingly endless. As far as the Jumbtron at Cowboy Stadium, I recall that as that first NFL season went along, Cowboy fans in the mid-range seats, where you were looking directly at the giant Jumbotron, took to wearing visors as it was too bright and distracting (they couldn't focus on the field below without the brim of a hat to help block the Jumbo out lol)

As far as the original question asked in the thread starter, with regard to the cost of tickets, nobody has it worse than the fans in New York City that go to fights at Madison Square Garden. MIDLEVEL tickets there for the high-level fights (for example, Jones-Trinidad was one I was looking at once) were going for $350, a $200 level, and then the cheapest thing to get you into the building, the absolute nose-bleed seats were over $100. The lower-level seats were in the $700 range, and then things on the Floor ran anywhere from $850 (which would require looking through several rows without any elevation) to around $1750 for actual Ringside. I was flabbergasted that they were that much, but my friend Jose assured me that those were normal for the major fights. That's why when the tickets go on sale at MSG, the working class people buy up the cheaper seats and then as supply decreases, they are forced DOWN into the more expensive seats......the exact opposite of what happens with a normal fight anywhere else, where the good seats are snapped up first and the people are forced farther back as tickets become scarcer. The Ringside seats sell normally as those that buy them are either being comped or make enough money that they don't even worry about it.......but for the common man, you either get in early on the tickets you want or have to decide if you really want to go bad enough to spend double that (whether we're talking $300 instead of $200/$150, or $700 instead of $350. The elevated $700 seats sell, but few people buy the $850 floor seats at the back where you have to look over a ton of people, those are the biggest suckers in the building).

Andy says he will reply tomorrow as he is drunk but you can get boxing tickets in Germany from 10 Euros which in UK is £8-9.

thank you for telling everyone that i was drunk... thats what real friendship is all about... :mlol:

but as gav said,these seats are so far away from the ring that you will need binoculars to see anything that happens in the ring...

i.e. when i was at the klitschko - chagaev fight at schalke Arena with 62k seats ,ive payed 150euro to get a seat in a middle row and the ring was in the middle of the Football field... so it was quite far away and having that view for 150 bucks was a bit dissapointing...

other than when i went to Berlin for the super 6 kick-off between Abraham and taylor where ive paid 60 euro and had a great seat in row 13.. but the Arena was way smaller than schalke Arena,packing only ~12500-15000 seats compared to the +60000 at schalke Arena...

Stumbled on the ticket prices for Dangan 93 (which features a Japanese national title and OPBF title fight), prices there for VIP are 12000yen (£71.15), cheapest are 6000yen (£35.75), the cheapest reserve seats are 8000yen (£47.43). Considering that the show is a pretty decent one, that's a bit of a bargain.

As an additional question, how do the prices work for everyone in context?

eg. I'm at the snooker this week in London, and for a little over £500 I have easily managed tickets for every day of the tournament, return train fare and a hotel room with breakfast for 10 days. That's currently a month's wages for me.

Compare that to boxing, where the ticket for a single night of fights, most of which will be crap designed to pad out the undercard, can easily be 250 plus for decent seats. A night at the boxing or 10 days in London? Not much of a choice as far as I'm concerned.

thank you for telling everyone that i was drunk... thats what real friendship is all about... :mlol:

but as gav said,these seats are so far away from the ring that you will need binoculars to see anything that happens in the ring...

i.e. when i was at the klitschko - chagaev fight at schalke Arena with 62k seats ,ive payed 150euro to get a seat in a middle row and the ring was in the middle of the Football field... so it was quite far away and having that view for 150 bucks was a bit dissapointing...

other than when i went to Berlin for the super 6 kick-off between Abraham and taylor where ive paid 60 euro and had a great seat in row 13.. but the Arena was way smaller than schalke Arena,packing only ~12500-15000 seats compared to the +60000 at schalke Arena...

Thanks for sharing. I'd have to really think twice about seeing fights in a giant stadium, the biggest venue I've ever seen them in was United Center in Chicago, which is about 22K seats and my friend and I were a little above the halfway point and I'm not so sure I'd have wanted to go any higher. I believe they were $103 (it was the Brewster-Golota/Adamek-Briggs 1 card with Terra Garcia-Roshi Wells 2, Baldomir-MA Rodriguez, and Guillermo Jones-Kelvin Davis). The next level of seats up would've been a complete waste of time and better to have stayed home and watched HBO.

Edited by davemurphy

As an additional question, how do the prices work for everyone in context?

eg. I'm at the snooker this week in London, and for a little over £500 I have easily managed tickets for every day of the tournament, return train fare and a hotel room with breakfast for 10 days. That's currently a month's wages for me.

Compare that to boxing, where the ticket for a single night of fights, most of which will be crap designed to pad out the undercard, can easily be 250 plus for decent seats. A night at the boxing or 10 days in London? Not much of a choice as far as I'm concerned.

Gav-

Not to mention that your going to actually see the best snooker players, with buying tickets to a fight there's always the very real possibility that one (or more) of the fighters pull out with an injury, and you'll either get stuck with a substitute, canceled fight, or an entire card cancelled.

• 9 months later...

Earlier this year Bud asked about ticket prices...

...and having just seen the prices for the December 30th show in Tokyo I've just remembered him asking. The prices for the Ohashi show are:

Ringside tickets-

Grade A-¥50,000 (Around $433/£275)

Grade B-¥30,000 ($261/£165)

Grade C-¥20,000 ($173/£110)

Bleacher tickets-

Grade A-¥20,000 ($173/£110)

Grade B-¥10,000 ($86.5/£55)

Grade C-¥5,000 ($43/£27.50)

Remember this is the show that features Inoue Vs Narvaez, Yaegashi Vs Guervara and Linares Vs Preito in 3 world title bouts and features the promising trio of Murata, Takuma Inoue and Ryo Matsumoto, all 3 are world ranked and tipped for stardom. It will also be televised for FREE with, I suspect, 4 bouts being televised with highlights from the others if time permits.

Re: Earlier this year Bud asked about ticket prices...

Bleacher tickets???

That's dear Scott compared to the prices you showed me last time, if I rem right.

ILl see if I can fold the old thread and join it.

Bleachers are presumably what we would describe as stands.

It's dear compared to the Dangan shows, of course it is, though this card in particular matches up with any cards in world boxing. You get 3 world title fights (including 2 VERY good ones), you get an Olympic champion facing a much more experienced foe and 2 top prospects fighting in very good bouts. Compared to Hearn's card this coming weekend, which is similarly priced, this show seems like a bargain for the cheaper tickets. The venue of the show holds either 10,000 or 6,000 seats (depending on how it's set up) and is a gymnasium in Tokyo so it's likely even the cheapest seats will give a good view.

http://www.tef.or.jp/images/tmg_arena_main.png