Ricky Burns Ready For Terrence Crawford?

LondonRingRules

Burns got his jaw busted against unheralded journeyman Raymundo Beltran, a fight many if not most think Beltran won. Now reported that he goes against unproven but highly regarded Terence Crawford to be waged in Scotland March 1st, less than 6 months after the Beltran disaster.

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2013/burns-takes-crawford-march-1st

Seems awful risky for Burns who's sole advantage seems to be the British refs and judges. Not sold on Crawford, but this is his big chance and I have to think of the mugging he's gonna give poor Burns who surely shouldn't be pushing his luck so soon after a broken jaw.

Re: Ricky Burns Ready For Terrence Crawford?

Easy win for Crawford.................on his way to the top. So the answer to the title thread question = NO.

P.S. There's only one "r" in Terence :thumb: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=447121&cat=boxer

@selij what did you say you would do again if the fight happened?

Burns wins this with a big performance.

Ricky Burns set for fifth World title defence against Terence Crawford

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/2e781fc30105737d7e1d008cbfd498f4_S.jpg

Ricky Burns will defend his WBO World Lightweight title against Terence Crawford at the SECC in Glasgow on March 1, live on Sky Sports.Burns makes the fifth defence of his crown against American hotshot Crawford, the unbeaten Omaha star with 16 KO wins from his 22 bouts. Tickets for the event will go on sale at 1pm on Monday January 13, with promoter Eddie Hearn holding a press conference in Glasgow that day where he will reveal details on the undercard.

More...

Burns got his jaw busted against unheralded journeyman Raymundo Beltran, a fight many if not most think Beltran won. Now reported that he goes against unproven but highly regarded Terence Crawford to be waged in Scotland March 1st, less than 6 months after the Beltran disaster.

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2013/burns-takes-crawford-march-1st

Seems awful risky for Burns who's sole advantage seems to be the British refs and judges. Not sold on Crawford, but this is his big chance and I have to think of the mugging he's gonna give poor Burns who surely shouldn't be pushing his luck so soon after a broken jaw.

The reason he is ready after 6 months is that he opted to keep the metal plate in rather than have it removed LRR.

The reason he is ready after 6 months is that he opted to keep the metal plate in rather than have it removed LRR.

--- Ahhh, bionic titanium chin is it?

Sorry if this was a dupe post that I didn't see. I thought I got this hot off the boxrec wire, but I guess maybe it's been mooted for a while as typically happens before official pronouncement.

@selij what did you say you would do again if the fight happened?

@Bud I will show my arse in Waitrose's shop window...........................still say he will try to wangle an IBF unification fight which will then take precedence over a mandatory tho :thumb:

Burns is a warrior and will put up all he can. Unfortunately, coming off of a hard, hard fight with Beltran, I'm not confident that he'll be able to handle the rising Crawford, one of the most skilled young stars.