Price returns on January 25 in Stuttgart

RINGNEWS24

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Price returns on January 25 in Stuttgart

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/d3aba6f62ed90de53447159b5f467cd7_S.jpg

David Price (15-2, 13 KOs) will make his ring return against Evengy Orlov (14-12-1, 10 KOs) on January 25 at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Halle in Stuttgart, Germany.

More...

--- First Orlov knocks himself out, replaced by Airich who not unsurprisingly failed the physical, so enter one Istvan Ruszinski (12-9-1) who was uprgraded from his 4 rounder on the undercard.

I must say that everything about Price has been falling apart. I have no confidence that Sauerland will be able to do a thing with him.

Ruszinski boxrec link here. Coming up hard on his 2 yr pro career he is:

Istvan Ruzsinszky - Boxer

--- First Orlov knocks himself out, replaced by Airich who not unsurprisingly failed the physical, so enter one Istvan Ruszinski (12-9-1) who was uprgraded from his 4 rounder on the undercard.

I must say that everything about Price has been falling apart. I have no confidence that Sauerland will be able to do a thing with him.

Are you saying that Ruzsinkzky won't shock the world and pull the upset? :laugh:

--- First Orlov knocks himself out, replaced by Airich who not unsurprisingly failed the physical, so enter one Istvan Ruszinski (12-9-1) who was uprgraded from his 4 rounder on the undercard. .......

Even Deontay Wilder wouldn't fight this bum.

:biggrin1: :pound:

LOL, Awesome post!!!! Yes, in his search for an opponent, he's ventured into the part of the cemetery that even Wilder doesn't explore :laugh:

--- Dunno, Dave, could be GB has spiked your koolaide. Here's my piece on Wilder from a few years ago with a quote if you just want the essence which went as high as touching a 600 boxrec rank eventually:

The Strange Case of Deontay Wilder, The Last US Olympic Medalist | Bobby Mac's Straight Shooter

He might well be 22-0, 22 KO, but he won’t be within a light year from landing a ranking by facing the poor opposition he’s been feasting on. His last two opponents were 400 and 300 pounders respectively. The 400 pounder had never beaten a fighter who had won a single fight and is so poor that not even boxrec will rank him. The 300 pounder is just under a 500th boxrec ranking, meaning there are almost 500 fighters around the world ranked ahead of him.

--- Dunno, Dave, could be GB has spiked your koolaide. Here's my piece on Wilder from a few years ago with a quote if you just want the essence which went as high as touching a 600 boxrec rank eventually:

The Strange Case of Deontay Wilder, The Last US Olympic Medalist | Bobby Mac's Straight Shooter

He might well be 22-0, 22 KO, but he won’t be within a light year from landing a ranking by facing the poor opposition he’s been feasting on. His last two opponents were 400 and 300 pounders respectively. The 400 pounder had never beaten a fighter who had won a single fight and is so poor that not even boxrec will rank him. The 300 pounder is just under a 500th boxrec ranking, meaning there are almost 500 fighters around the world ranked ahead of him.

Well, under no circumstances am I ever going to defend the opponent choices for Wilder, even compared to Price, let's just say that neither guy has had it rough.

Well, under no circumstances am I ever going to defend the opponent choices for Wilder, even compared to Price, let's just say that neither guy has had it rough.

--- Fighting Tony Thompson is near the top as rough as it gets for heavies though.

Wilder does seem to be fighting flyswatter Malik Scott down Puerto Rico way in what could be a "danger" to his KO streak and chin, so he apparently will be taking his first public baby steps after 6 yrs of crawling around and pulling himself up using the carcasses of mostly old and obese fighters of no acclaim.

Talk is cheap and he pulls out of projected fights all the time, so we'll see, but this latest Price win does nothing for him save introduce him to grimy side of Sauerland boxing.

Even while KO'ing Ruzsinsky in one round, Price looked terrible: He was stationary, almost uninterested in being there, and his jab was so slow, after he starts it you could make a cup of coffee, drink it, read the morning paper, and then STILL block it.

I doubt he even wants to be a fighter any more, he's probably just being pushed along by his handlers. (shades of Andrew Golotta) I bet on him twice. Never again.

Even while KO'ing Ruzsinsky in one round, Price looked terrible: He was stationary, almost uninterested in being there, and his jab was so slow, after he starts it you could make a cup of coffee, drink it, read the morning paper, and then STILL block it.

I doubt he even wants to be a fighter any more, he's probably just being pushed along by his handlers. (shades of Andrew Golotta) I bet on him twice. Never again.

Yet he KO'd him very quickly....thats a lot of negativity over KO performance!

Sauerland will build Price up with a padded record Boystov style until he reaches world level gets exposed again.
Price needs to be built back up like that to help to regain his confidence, the back to back defeats really messed with his head!