Mosley: ‘Pacquiao fight a go!’

The_budweiser

Former three-weight champ Shane Mosley all but announced that he would be Manny Pacquiao’s next opponent on his twitter page last night.

Mosley confirmed what fight fans have been expecting for the last month or so when he told retired heavyweight king Lennox Lewis that the May 7th bout was ‘pretty much a go’.

‘Just excited about the fight with Pac [Manny Pacquiao]. I know you’re going to be there. The ink hasn’t dried yet but it’s pretty much a go,’ Mosley told Lewis.

The message comes just days after Freddie Roach defended a possible bout with Mosley, refuting claims that the 39-year-old was an ‘easy’ pick. Roach who is in the Philippines to celebrate Pacquiao’s 32nd birthday told reporters, ‘People who say this is the easiest fight [against Mosley] are crazy. It’s definitely not the easiest fight.

‘Manny has speed but so has Mosley. He is a different type of fighter compared with Margarito. He is a much better boxer. Manny loves guys who come to him but Mosley will box him and come to him much more intelligently.’

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum who also attended Pacquiao’s birthday party in the Philippines is expected to make the official announcement on his return to the US this week.

http://www.boxingfutures.com/news/1220-mosley-pacquiao-fight-go

I agree that it's not the mismatch many people make out.

Yes, he was mince against Mora, but you can look at many many fights before that where he looked great.

He's probably still the number 3 or 4 welterweight in the world, so it makes it's own statement if he can clear up all the guys around him, something Mayweather has never come close to.

I agree that it's not the mismatch many people make out.

Yes, he was mince against Mora, but you can look at many many fights before that where he looked great..

He looked awful vs Mayorga, Mayweather, Mora, nor did he look amazing vs Cotto. I've not seen the collazo figh so can't comment, but basically the only guy he looked great against was Margarito, who never exactly blew me away.

Its not a mismatch but how about making a fight where we don't know the winner - Is that impossible these days?

Mosley should be fighting Berto to higher up Bertos profile not fighting the P4P No.1. Berto should be fighting Manny.

I think it was the writer Paul Magno that said about celebrity boxing for people like Mayweather and Pacquiao rather than the tough fights.