Chris John and the HOF?

iamasadlittleboy

Re: Chris John and the HOF?

No and no. I think he's not really high-profile enough to figure in the minds of nominators, and I also don't think his career has been anything exceptional: He's been quite happy fighting opponents who aren't exactly elite and the best thing on his record is a hotly disputed decision win against Marquez. I thought Marquez won but even if he beat Marquez, I'm not aware of anything else particularly exceptional on his CV.

Two main questions here:

Will he get in?

Do YOU feel he's worthy of a place in the HOF?

--- Why not? The IBHOF must have several dozen fighters inferior to him in their shrine.

He has more title defenses than Floydy and beat a better version of JMM at his best weight and fought internationally unlike Floydy who hasn't left the MGM Grand for 7 years going on 8 years. John lobbied for a rematch with JMM when they were both with Goldenboy that JMM ducked and ran up a better record in a shorter time than did Floydy. He also lobbied heavily for a superfight with the big names for his last fight, but nobody wanted the action.

Of all the big names, The Ks, Floydy, Manny, JMM, Popcorns, Jones, he was the best pure boxer of the bunch. Lacked some power and stamina due to staying at feather for so long, but Thai fighters tend to be very protective of their titles much like Marvin Hagler who was also heavily avoided coming up and ducked again when he lost his title years later. I don't penalize fighters for their circumstances unlike the anti social media misanthropes.

Absolutely no way. I wrote a piece about him just before his defeat, saying that he was the most protected champion since Sven Ottke. Well beaten by Marquez, only beat a washed-up Gainer, and two life and death struggles with Rocky Juarez does not make a hall of famer. Was never even no.

Absolutely no way. I wrote a piece about him just before his defeat, saying that he was the most protected champion since Sven Ottke. Well beaten by Marquez, only beat a washed-up Gainer, and two life and death struggles with Rocky Juarez does not make a hall of famer. Was never even no.

Please take that part away or else Scott will be raving mad. :tongue1: And I personally think its kinda cruel comparing him to the German boxing bulldog.