Tim Bradley: Amir Khan Better Not Fade Against Me!

Wheelchair

On January 29 at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan, WBO junior welterweight king, Tim Bradley (26-0, 11 knockouts), of Palm Springs, Calif., and, WBC titlist, Devon Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs), of St. Louis, Mo., are headed for an HBO televised clash that will go a long way toward determining which of them should be considered the best fighter in their division.

Bradley was on hand last Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas, where he watched his WBA counterpart from England, Amir Khan (24-1, 17 KOs), retain his title with a twelve round unanimous decision over interim titlist Marcos Maidana (29-2, 27 KOs) of Argentina. After watching Khan's fight, Bradley believes Khan fades in the later rounds when constant pressure is applied.

"We are both quick. He's a little bit rangier than I am, so I would have to apply the pressure. It would be a great couple of rounds, but like I've seen today - he fades. When you get in the ring with me, do not fade because I come on strong at the end. I come on strong at the end. When he faces me, he better not fade," Bradley told FanHouse.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33902

One thing for sure with Khan, he will have gained so much experience from that 1 fight alone with Maidana, I can't see him fading again. Khan by his own admission made quite a few mistakes on saturday though it did make for an exciting fight.

I'd love to see Khan in with both Bradley and Alexander before even contemplating stepping up to 147

Lads Khan clearly faded. For six rounds he was flying and after the seventh Maidana was bossing the fight because Khan clearly tired. Its undeniable, when the pressure came on he started to crack. The problem with fighting Bradley is there is no way in hell Khan will be seven oints up after six rounds and wont have a cushion. Bradley is calling it as it is here. I eould bet anything by the end of 2011 Timothy Bradley will have cleared 140 and be getting started at 147. Dont let the knockout ratio fool you, this man is tough as nails and skills to boot. Tim is calling it as it is here. Khan faded against his first top fighter, Bradley has come good down the stretch all the time when needed. Simple maths for me, also think Bradley will dismantle Alexander.

One thing for sure with Khan, he will have gained so much experience from that 1 fight alone with Maidana, I can't see him fading again. Khan by his own admission made quite a few mistakes on saturday though it did make for an exciting fight.

I'd love to see Khan in with both Bradley and Alexander before even contemplating stepping up to 147

Completely agree. I do think a tough fight like that is a great learning experience also there must have been alot of nervous energy used in the fight due to it being such a big occasion.

Also, agree he should just concentrate on 140 as he is young and there is no need to rush.

It's funny how the ever-changing variables of our sport affects our memory and views. It wasn't all that long ago Bradley had to climb off the canvas to pull out a deserved win, or that he was rocked in his welterweight debut. Lately he's been looking for a big fight much the way Khan is at 147, yet the irony is that the light welterweights actually don't need anybody but themselves.

I don't see Bradley as this "unbeatable force" the way that many do these days. I think he's terrific and a work in progress, albeit maybe slightly ahead of Khan...and maybe not.

Who was it that dropped Bradley?

Let's remember that the next time Timothy starts lipping about the trouble Khan found himself in with Maidana - easily the most relentless and hurtful fighter at 140lbs today.

Perspective sometimes is everything.

The Bradley fight is a winnable one for Khan IMO, but he's gonna have to improve his leaky defence.

I see the fight going the full twelve, with the fight being won by just a couple of points, but at this stage, I wouldn't like to pick a winner. We'll know more after Bradley has beaten Alexander, who isn't up to much IMO.

The Bradley fight is a winnable one for Khan IMO, but he's gonna have to improve his leaky defence.

I see the fight going the full twelve, with the fight being won by just a couple of points, but at this stage, I wouldn't like to pick a winner. We'll know more after Bradley has beaten Alexander, who isn't up to much IMO.

i agree goodp//

I honestly don't see much between Khan, Bradley, Alexander and Maidana.

They all have their own attributes and they all have their own flaws.

Bradley may be the best all-round boxer of the 4, but he doesn't really excel at anything imo.

Maidana is the puncher, Khan is the speed merchant, Alexander has the best movement and Bradley just seems to have a combination of everything, but none as good as any of the other guys.

They're all fortunate to be around where there's no really outstanding 140 lbs fighter imo, or they would ALL be found out.

At the same time, given there's a fairly level playing field, it makes for some great and interesting matchups between them, where any one fighter's attributes may edge a victory over another.

I agree with what Brooklyn is saying above! It's a good bunch for a top 4 in a division. I think alot of people are writing off Alexander far too easily though! I have been impressed with him, he has speed maybe to match Khan and is slicker, proved his power with the Urango stoppage! The kid has decent footwork too. He may not have impressed in his latest fight, but every fighter has their off days.

All 4 deserve the plaudits for genuinely wanting to fight each other. I think a key factor in that is exactly what Brooklyn mentions. Each having one solid attribute they each thing they can use to beat the other guys!

If I had to back one to come out on top it would be Bradley, but only just! His power maybe a downfall.

I honestly don't see much between Khan, Bradley, Alexander and Maidana.

They all have their own attributes and they all have their own flaws.

Bradley may be the best all-round boxer of the 4, but he doesn't really excel at anything imo.

Maidana is the puncher, Khan is the speed merchant, Alexander has the best movement and Bradley just seems to have a combination of everything, but none as good as any of the other guys.

They're all fortunate to be around where there's no really outstanding 140 lbs fighter imo, or they would ALL be found out.

At the same time, given there's a fairly level playing field, it makes for some great and interesting matchups between them, where any one fighter's attributes may edge a victory over another.

Great assesment bravo//