Fury: ‘Haye the weakest champion’

Wheelchair

Heavyweight prospect Tyson Fury has branded David Haye the ‘weakest champion’ in the division ahead of his Quebec outing on the undercard of Pascal vs Hopkins this weekend.

Fury, who has just returned from a training camp with IBF, IBO and WBO king Wladimir Klitschko, ripped into Haye for his performance against Audley Harrison and desire to hang up his gloves before his 31st birthday.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, Fury said, ‘I need a few more fights, but I’m on Haye’s tail. He’s the one I’m thinking of because he’s the weakest champion.

‘The fight with Harrison was terrible. But Haye was as scared as Harrison to throw a punch. He is terrified of a big man. Any big man who isn’t scared of Haye will give him problems.

‘When you’re world champion you don’t keep saying you’re going to retire. I’m a fighting man. If I’m world champion, I’m going to defend my title until I can’t walk – never mind quitting.

‘When does a champion say he’s going to retire? He’s only just won the title.’

http://www.boxingfutures.com/news/1216-fury-haye-weakest-champion?

and personally i don't think David is the weakest champ

There are only three of them, so which Klitschko is the weakest champion? Please show your working.

i know there's only 3, it's personal opinion Gav

on paper yeah he is the weakest but ability wise he's the best in my opinion

People get very defennsive these days whenever someone states the relatively obvious in an interview. "He's probably the weakest world champion" "He's better than you, mate!" so? that doesn't change anything.

He hasn't stated the "obvious" he has stated an opinion. There is nothing wrong with people disagreeing with what they perceive to be an incorrect statement or opinion.

Fury is hillarious! Particularly his entrance dancing. To be fair he talks a good fight and is no doubt willing to fight anyone. Thats great. He is comedy gold also. I think the UK domestic heavyweight scene as we have several giants (literally) up and coming. Tyson Fury, Richard Towers, Tom Dallas and David Pryce all look like they could be useful at European level. Then there's Larry Olubamiwo who is a powerhouse to add to the mix. In my opinion, Chisora wants to be worried about his British title. There are plenty of intruiging fights there even if they do lack in actual talent.