Wladimir Klitschko vs Mike Tyson

BoxingFan007

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prime Tyson beats anyone.......and that means anyone!

Joe Louis would have schooled him. George Foreman, and Joe Frazier would both of hurt him for fun, and Ali would have either sent him back to his pigeon loft, or caused him to have a mental breakdown, before he ever got near the ring. Ali would have ridiculed the retard to the point of madness, just for fun. You just can not begin to realise how much fun the great man could have had with that pathetic high pitched lisp. mlol/ mlol/ mlol/

Joe Louis would have schooled him. George Foreman, and Joe Frazier would both of hurt him for fun, and Ali would have either sent him back to his pigeon loft, or caused him to have a mental breakdown, before he ever got near the ring. Ali would have ridiculed the handsome fellow to the point of madness, just for fun. You just can not begin to realise how much fun the great man could have had with that pathetic high pitched lisp. mlol/ mlol/ mlol/

LMAO i never thought of it that way but you are exactly right. ali would have won that fight before he stepped in the ring.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mike Tyson (June 27, 1988) would have beaten ALL heavyweights before and after - in their respective primes.

Tyson would have knocked out either of the Klitschkos inside 6 rounds boxing//

In Wlad's case I think you mean six minutes!

Mike Tyson (June 27, 1988) would have beaten ALL heavyweights before and after - in their respective primes.

Tyson would have knocked out either of the Klitschkos inside 6 rounds boxing//

In Wlad's case I think you mean six minutes!

You're probably right, Wheelchair goodp//

I was suprised to see Wlad as opposed to Vitali also! Can't see Wlad lasting past a couple of rounds with Tyson.

Vitali on the other hand - prime for prime - I think wins every time. Turth is no-one has ever really hurt Vitali in the ring and I don't see Tyson being a much harder puncher in absolute terms than someone like Lewis. Sure he blew out a hell of a lot of fighters but I don't know he would have had the answers if he landed and Vitali was still standing gthere. Lewis landed bombs on Vitali and won the fight on a cut he opened up. The way to beat Vitali is to outbox him over twelve and I just can't see the much smaller Tyson sustaining that effort against a 250lb, supremely fit fighter. Vitali has shown even at his ripe old age now that he can throw unprecedented numbers of punches for a heavy fight (I remember Mart posting some compubox figures that were astounding over on banter) and would use his size to wear Tyson down. Tyson cracks under the pressure for me.

Who is the better boxer with better history? Tyson no doubt. Would he beat Vitali? Not in my book.

• 1 month later...
...I can't be arsed to check (it's 2:15 after all)...but did Tyson fight a genuinely tall heavy with a good reach? (Briggs was 6-5 though his reach isn't listed on boxrec and Holmes wasn't that tall). Would he be able to detonate on a guy 7+ inches taller than himself?

Tony Tucker

height 6′ 5″ / 196cm

reach 82″ / 208cm

Carl Williams

height 6′ 4″ / 193cm

Jose Ribalta

height 6′ 5″ / 195cm

reach 80″ / 203cm

• 3 weeks later...
...I can't be arsed to check (it's 2:15 after all)...but did Tyson fight a genuinely tall heavy with a good reach? (Briggs was 6-5 though his reach isn't listed on boxrec and Holmes wasn't that tall). Would he be able to detonate on a guy 7+ inches taller than himself?

Tony Tucker

height 6′ 5″ / 196cm

reach 82″ / 208cm

Carl Williams

height 6′ 4″ / 193cm

Jose Ribalta

height 6′ 5″ / 195cm

reach 80″ / 203cm

Tyson also KO'd a guy by the name of Eddie Richardson who was 6 foot 6. He had a 10-2 record at the time did Richardson, and Mike did him in just 77 seconds.

• 2 months later...

Ali would have either sent him back to his pigeon loft, or caused him to have a mental breakdown, before he ever got near the ring.

lmao that sentence had me in stitches, nice one mate

a prime Tyson beats Wlad any day of the week for me, as soon as a couple of his bombs land on that glass jaw it's game over for WK

Wlad would be too scared to come out of his shell and it'd just be a matter of how quick Tyson would get him out of there not about who would win or by what method

Tyson inside 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Mike Tyson

Comparing Wlads jab to Lewis jab is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Lewis jab was a weapon that he would hunt you down with, keep you off balance and follow up with a big right straight or uppercut.

Wlads jab is to create distance between his opponent and his chin. Not that thats a bad thing at all, but I personally think a non authoritarian jab like Wlads would get slipped by Tyson all night long.

Im not a revisionist when it comes to Tyson, as a lot of people seem to be these days, but I really truthfully believe that Tyson had the head movement and power to end this one within a round. Not to do a disservice to Wlad, but he just doesnt have it in him to keep Tyson off him.

Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Mike Tyson

Prime Tyson KO's Wlad brutally. Wlad is good, but no match for Tyson at all. Once Tyson slips that jab and lands his first power punch, he's got Wlad.

--- Well James, it goes like this:

20 year old Tyson knocks out 20 year old Wlad early in a good but quick fight. He also knocks out any other future 20 yr old champ, so no shame there. The 37 year old Wlad knocks out 37 year old Tyson easy in mid rounds as well as any other 37 year old former and future champ. The fight the usual suspects should be looking for is when each is at their best, but the usual suspects lack the honor needed to guide their thinking into coherence.

Tyson's best performance is hands down Michael Spinks when Tyson was a few days from turning 22. Wlad's best performance was a complete clowning of Mr. Pinky Haye who saw the deck a dozen times incredibly and never saw a jab he didn't eat and ask for more.

Spinks is not the the same stylistic matchup as 35 yr old Wlad and Haye ain't the same as 21 yr old Tyson. Good scrap that I always favored Tyson in, but not a guarantee as each would be facing the best the other has ever seen. That's the way it goes and the reason odds are given in every fight. Every fighter has a chance to win and every favorite has a chance to lose.