Manny Pacquiao Video: Watch Pac-Man's Live Workout for Brandon Rios Bout

Bleacher Report

There are no major championships on the line, but the Nov. 23 bout with Brandon Rios is the most important fight of Manny Pacquiao's career.

For whatever live workouts are worth, Pac-Man looks good. He has trained vigorously for the high-profile bout in Macau, China, which clearly conveys his sense of urgency and seriousness.

He turns 35 in December and is coming off two-straight losses. If he is going to have success in his mid-30s, he must adjust his training regimen accordingly and block out the distractions.

Beyond the adjustments needed due to his advancing age, Pacquiao is as motivated to shine in this bout as he ever has been. One look at his physique and focus in this live workout is proof of that.

After suffering the most brutal defeat of his career and one of the most vicious knockouts in recent memory, we don't know how Pacquiao will react mentally in the ring. However, it is clear he is putting himself in the position to be in the best physical shape possible.

Aside from the personal desire to erase the memory of his last two defeats, Pac-Man has also vowed to train and win for his storm-ravaged homeland, according to ESPN. Typhoon Haiyan hit the Philippines on Nov. 8, and President Benigno Aquino told BBC News the death total has reached 2,500 and hundreds of thousands have been displaced.

Because Pacquiao is such a passionate and beloved member of the Philippine community, his thoughts and prayers are undoubtedly with the people of his country.

However, he said this in a statement, per ESPN: "I really want to visit the area and personally do what I can to help our countrymen who have suffered so much in this terrible tragedy. But I'm in deep training for a crucial fight so I regret I cannot go."

Instead of being thrown by these unfortunate events, it seems Pacquiao is using it as motivation to do his country proud.

Because he is focused and guaranteed to be at his best physically, it explains why his trainer Freddie Roach told ESPN.com he would advise Pacquiao to retire if he were to struggle against Rios.

If one of the greatest fighters of the last 25 years is in optimal physical condition but can't perform at a level that is comparable to the standard he's set for himself and his fans, there is no need to go on.

When you look at Pacquiao's and Rios' skill sets, there should be no contest.

Sure, Rios has a puncher's chance because he can thump, and Pacquiao's defense suffers at times. But Pacquiao is faster and more accurate, and he brings a good amount of power himself. If he's right, this could be a showcase fight for him.

If he's not on his game, there will be no excuse. He's physically prepared. If he doesn't blow through Rios, he should take Roach's advice and hang up the gloves.

Follow me for news and musings on the Sweet Science.

Follow @BMaziqueFPBR

Read more Boxing news on BleacherReport.com

More...