Devon Alexander, Shawn Porter, Erislandy Lara & Austin Trout Media Conference Call Tr

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/953d65378d220a7a21e874b82c8e9a03_S.jpg

Kelly Swanson******** *Thanks, everybody for joining us today. We have four fantastic fighters that are going to be available to talk to you and answer your questions about their fight on the December 7th, Zab Judah and Paulie Malignaggi Undercard at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.This call is with Devon Alexander, Shawn Porter, Erislandy Lara and Austin Trout and we're going to start the call with Austin Trout and Erislandy Lara and then we'll switch over to Devon Alexander and Shawn Porter. So, I'm going to turn it over to Richard Schaefer, Chief Executive Officer of Golden Boy Promotions to make the introductions. Richard?*Richard Schaefer****** *Thank you, Kelly. Hello, everybody. Good morning, good afternoon. You're right, four great fighters on the phone here, but we're going to have four great fights on that card. It's going to be a quadruple header with three world title fighters, Sakio Bika against Anthony Dirrell opening up the night and then Lara against Trout and Alexander against Shawn Porter and then although no world title at stake, it's going to be the fight of Brooklyn, Malignaggi against Zab Judah.Tickets are going extremely well. I do anticipate the largest yet crowd at the Barclays Center on December the 7th. Tickets are priced very attractively, starting at $25, $50, $75, $125 and $250. I'd like to thank our sponsors as well, Corona, AT&T and Grudge Match. Yes, the movie, Grudge Match is a sponsor of this event and I'd like to welcome as well a new sponsor, Casamigos Tequila, which is one of the fastest growing tequilas here in the United States and, of course, in Mexico. It's owned, among others, by George Clooney and Cindy Crawford, so I really want to welcome Casamigos to the boxing family.The Showtime telecast is going to start at 9:00 p.m. Eastern and I'd like to introduce now the two fighters, which are going to be fighting for the WBA Interim Super Welterweight World Title in a 12-round fight. First up I'd like to introduce to you Austin Trout with a record of 26 and 1, from Las Cruces, New Mexico, fighting out of El Paso, Texas. We all know he's the former WBA Super Welterweight World Champion belt he won over Rigoberto Alvarez in February 2011.

More...