Khan vs. Marcos... Fight Preview and Prediction...,Questions

edsel77x

More interesting are the questions that will be answered on Dec. 11th

Besides the fight in Nov. my attention is on this fight.

A career defining fight for both fighters, one goes on to face arguably #1 or #2 in the division. The other could be relegated to journeyman status.

Published: Oct 28 2010 by: Scott Levinson

Questions for Khan vs. Maidana:

* Was Khan’s collapse against Prescott truly an indication that his chin is glassy or was he caught cold? Will his chin hold up if Maidana starts landing shots?

* Did Maidana’s scintillating win over Victor Ortiz over-inflate his reputation? Does beating a brawler who fought thoughtlessly and quit show he can beat a prideful and skilled technician like Khan?

* Has Maidana slipped a bit since his career-making win over Ortiz? He had a more difficult time than expected in an August tune-up fight, as faded 13-loss DeMarcus Corley reached him throughout their scrappy 12 rounder. Has he lost a little bit of his mojo?

* The Khan team appeared to eschew a Maidana fight earlier this year in favor of a bout with light-hitting slickster Paulie Malignaggi. Were those trepidations well founded? Do they indicate a reluctance or even an insight on the part of Khan’s backers that Maidana is a bad matchup for their man?

* Has Freddie Roach really brought out the best in Khan or is it more a case of happenstance that no one has recently managed to detonate a bomb on Khan’s suspect chin? Is his recent success genuine, a product of matching him against feather-fisted technicians, or a little bit of both?

* Will Maidana be too hittable? Will it be almost alarming once the fight starts how easy it is for Khan to connect on the ever-available face of the Argentine scrapper?

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/amir-khan-vs-marcos-maidana-fight-preview-and-prediction_102810/

Khan does have a glass chin, he's been dropped by super-featherweights who have very poor KO percentages.

With regard to Maidana, Khan can certainly box rings round him all night, but Marcos will KO Amir if he lands with a big one. I have a gut feeling that Khan will at some stage try to prove his chin is ok and trade with the Argentinian, that will be his undoing.

THere's a lot of people who dislike Khan but I Like him and feel he has great potential and the ability to be the #1 in the division.

I also feel that he could beat Mayweather shall he come calling!

I think he will go on to be the number one in the division aswel and reckon he will take maidana to school, but with regards to what you said about mayweather, I dont think Khan comes any where near to beating Floyd

Khan does have a glass chin, he's been dropped by super-featherweights who have very poor KO percentages.

Wasn't that when he was draining himself to make weight?

This fight will of course answer my questions as well all the critics.

I like the fact he has potential, a lot of it, but I like you find him to be suspect also.

We'll all soon see.

crap//

Yeah I failed to see that you are master!!!

...and suddenly with a graceful stroke of the hand and a swift click of the mouse you become administrator with unlimited amount of bullion to further enslave the boxing fans...

We'll have to keep it simply and when it comes to the coins but will gladly put up dignity!

I watched Maidana vs Kotelnik and thought Kotelnik easily outboxed him.

Khan should win it with his speed but the fascinating thing is that all it may take is one punch to end it from Maidana.

Khan's in a catch 22 situation.

If he sits on his punches then there is the chance Maidana will get him in a trade.

But if it goes the long haul then Khan will have to stay out of the way for 36 minutes, which is going to be hard to do.

Maidana is slow and was easily felled by Ortiz in their bout in the first round so if Khan jumps on him, who knows?

Word has it Khan BADLY lathered and rocked Pacquiao last Thursday to the point Roach called off the session and took Pac into the office for a pep talk. It's possible that this is an exaggeration but given how good the reports have been about Khan as of late, one wonders if perhaps he really is turning into something serious. I tend to believe his chin is better than it looked when he was tromped. Archie Moore was always outspoken about first round stoppages, given that a fighter may be cold, improperly warmed-up, not yet in his zone, etc.

It'll be fun to see with Maidana, that's for sure.

Word has it Khan BADLY lathered and rocked Pacquiao last Thursday to the point Roach called off the session and took Pac into the office for a pep talk. It's possible that this is an exaggeration but given how good the reports have been about Khan as of late, one wonders if perhaps he really is turning into something serious.

Sparring and Roach's words are one thing, actions in a real fight are quite another. These stories of him hurting Manny are just words, and very over-the-top at that. If Amir did badly hurt Manny, he would be talking non stop about it, and not mentioning a possible Mayweather fight.

Amir MAY have looked improved, but that's only due to facing non punchers. If he can survive Maidana's blows, then we can start to believe that he has indeed improved.

BTW, beating Maidana will be an achievement for Amir, if he can do it, but that in no way puts him up with Mayweather and Pacquiao, both of whom would beat him to a bloody pulp if they shared a ring with him.