David Haye: Audley Was Struggling To Beat Bums

Wheelchair

DAVID HAYE has accused Audley Harrison of being deluded and vowed to give him a painful reality check.

‘The Hayemaker’ reckons Harrison’s ego is so out of control his heavyweight rival is not living in the real world.

Haye laughed at Harrison’s latest taunt that he ‘created’ him ahead of their all-British world heavyweight title fight in Manchester on November 13.

Harrison, 39, and Haye used to be on better terms and have sparred together, but they are now exchanging verbal blows before their big showdown.

WBA champion Haye, 30, insists Harrison has nothing to be confident about and claims he has not achieved anything since his Olympic gold medal 10 years ago.

He said: “I have an ego as such, but it’s not out of control.

“I still do my training and live healthy and do what I have to do to maintain me to be world champion.

“Audley had an ego years ago and he has still got one, but it is based on nothing and something he did in the amateurs 10 years ago. Even when he was fighting these average bums on the BBC, he was struggling to beat them, but put a bum in with me I will show you how to deal with it.

“I don’t know where he gets his mental belief because he had no success against me in the ring when we sparred.

“I’ve come a long way since then. He’s in fantasy land and is reading too much into the situation. He looks too much into things.

“I’ve heard him talking about opponents in the past and breaking them down, fraction by fraction.

“Forget about that, just get in there and fight. I’m a natural-born fighter. He would have to break them down and have a strategy, write it down, have a plan A, plan B, plan C.

“But when it comes to it, he just gets beaten because he’s too busy thinking about what he wants to do to actually fight.

“He can be as philosophical as he wants, but he didn’t create me, he wasn’t an idol of mine and I’m going to knock him out like everyone else.”

“Our fight is going to be shown in 3D and I’m going to give a three- dimensional beating to a one-dimensional fighter.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32271

Haye is my favorite, semi-retired, loudmouth heavyweight spin-doctor. Anybody that buys into his words or shtick ought to review his antics over the last two years. He's pulled-out on the very men he has challenged and badgered more times than a horny seventeen year-old in the back seat of his dad's car.

All the more reason he should've kept to his original vow not to fight the guy.............now that HE IS, he seems to still be recycling the reasons why he shouldn't be. Why don't you do as you say, David? If your fighting him for an easy payday, then just admit it, don't tell us that you were deluged with E-mails and forced to face him against your will. Haye must think we're stupid.

Steve Bunce on the prizefighter podcast.

He said "Im hearing all kinds of stories coming out his camp and not all of them good. I'm hearing some bad things. One of the things thats disturbing me is the amount of people you have to contact to get close to him"

Haye or Audley Rob?

Steve Bunce on the prizefighter podcast.

He said "Im hearing all kinds of stories coming out his camp and not all of them good. I'm hearing some bad things. One of the things thats disturbing me is the amount of people you have to contact to get close to him"

Haye or Audley Rob?

Sorry, its regarding Haye.

Maybe Bunce just upset can't get inside the camp.

Re: David Haye: Audley Was Struggling To Beat Bums

DAVID HAYE has accused Audley Harrison of being deluded and vowed to give him a painful reality check.

‘The Hayemaker’ reckons Harrison’s ego is so out of control his heavyweight rival is not living in the real world.

Haye laughed at Harrison’s latest taunt that he ‘created’ him ahead of their all-British world heavyweight title fight in Manchester on November 13.

Harrison, 39, and Haye used to be on better terms and have sparred together, but they are now exchanging verbal blows before their big showdown.

WBA champion Haye, 30, insists Harrison has nothing to be confident about and claims he has not achieved anything since his Olympic gold medal 10 years ago.

He said: “I have an ego as such, but it’s not out of control.

“I still do my training and live healthy and do what I have to do to maintain me to be world champion.

“Audley had an ego years ago and he has still got one, but it is based on nothing and something he did in the amateurs 10 years ago. Even when he was fighting these average bums on the BBC, he was struggling to beat them, but

put a bum in with me I will show you how to deal with it.

“I don’t know where he gets his mental belief because he had no success against me in the ring when we sparred.

“I’ve come a long way since then. He’s in fantasy land and is reading too much into the situation. He looks too much into things.

“I’ve heard him talking about opponents in the past and breaking them down, fraction by fraction.

“Forget about that, just get in there and fight. I’m a natural-born fighter. He would have to break them down and have a strategy, write it down, have a plan A, plan B, plan C.

“But when it comes to it, he just gets beaten because he’s too busy thinking about what he wants to do to actually fight.

“He can be as philosophical as he wants, but he didn’t create me, he wasn’t an idol of mine and I’m going to knock him out like everyone else.”

“Our fight is going to be shown in 3D and I’m going to give a three- dimensional beating to a one-dimensional fighter.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32271

lol//

I think Haye has had a great camp, heard rumours that he really beat up Tony Thompson in sparring.

I think Ruiz camp was bad but he would still destroy Audley in the same camp.

As I once wrote, properly moved Haye can serve a useful purpose. Beating up an old Johnny Ruiz the way he did was rather impressive when you consider the dogged determination, acting ability and staying power Ruiz has demonstrated over an entire decade. Haye did it like nobody else since Ruiz was green and in with Tua. That right there says something.

My point?

In stopping Ruiz, and with Johnny subsequently retiring, Haye has done us all an invaluable service by breaking the longstanding WBA-imposed almost yearly mandatory Ruiz-Valuev. Having turned back the both of them, and with Wlad having pasted Chagaev, the WBA might suddenly become something other than what it has been for years...an automated refuge of the heavyweight mundane. Remember the period 2001- 2006 when almost every WBA heavyweight bout included Ruiz....low blows....grappling....wrestling.....DQ's and controversy.

Just one problem Johnny, the WBA's other poster-boy is still fighting, Evander 'Meals on Wheels' Holyfield.

He'll get yet another WBA shot sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately, you are right. I have to admit that it pains me to acknowledge that fact, but let's face it, Holyfield will never move on until he's pasted deep into the canvas. The irony will also be there for the seeing; perhaps the greatest cruiser to move up to heavy in years will be the guy to retire the greatest cruiser of all time....a man that has over stayed the party by a full decade. And even then, Wheelchair, would Haye not be serving the purpose I had previously mentioned?