Nishioka vs Munroe Result and fight Report

WelshDevilRob

WBC Super Bantamweight Champion Toshiaki Nishioka scored a unanimous twelve round decision over mandatory challenger Rendall Munroe (21-2, 9 ko's) of Britain to retain his title at Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan.

Rendall Munroe, from Leicester, had taken eight weeks' unpaid leave from his job to train for the fight against the champion Nishioka.

The champion had a lot of success with body shots particularly with the left though at times Munroe seemed to be landing the harder shots. Nishioka used good movement throughout the bout to counteract the pressure that Munroe was imposing.

Read more here: http://www.ringnews24.com/index.php/home/archive/991-nishioka-vs-munroe.html

I saw the fight, and I must admit, it was a joy to watch.

I like Rendall Munroe, the guy gave it everything had, but Nishioka was in a different class. The Japanese fighter has been one of my favorite fighters for a while now, not just for his speed, but his amazing accuracy. Just when Munroe would score and start to take rounds, Nishioka would respond with flurries and killer body shots. It was a great display of class and determination.

Munroe will be back, I can bet on that.

Who does Nishioka fight next? Poonsawat Kratingdaeggym?