WARREN: DeGALE/SMITH HARD FOR ME

Faulks

Thursday, 21 October 2010 13:23 frankwarren.tv

Frank Warren says he will find it hard to watch when Paul Smith fights James DeGale on December 11.

The pair meet at the Echo Arena, Liverpool, with Smith's British super-middleweight title at stake.

And having guided the career of both men, Warren admits that he'll be looking on with some trepidation.

"I am finding it difficult to pick a winner here, there is an argument for both of them," he told the Liverpool Echo.

"You could go with the experience and Paul who is a very confident fighter with a lot of belief in himself, as has James.

"I'm not just involved in them professionally, I'm quite close to them as well and it is a fight when it takes place, I'll watch from the back seats of the Arena because it is going to be great for the fans but a bit of a hard one for me to watch.

"But that is the business we are in and that is what we do. I'm not being disrespectful to anyone here but it is a chance for Paul to establish himself, because turning over with a gold medal, James has had a lot of publicity and fanfare.

"Paul has been doing it the hard way and if he wins, it puts him right in the limelight