Thomas "Hitman Hearns is 56 today - What are your thoughts on him?

WelshDevilRob

Born in Memphis, Tennessee, USA on 18th October 1958. Now a resident of Detroit, Michigan.

Trained by Manny Steward and the famous son of the Kronk Gym. Known as "Hitman" and "Motor City Cobra"

His career started in 1977 and ended in 2006. He won major World titles, in five divisions, from Welterweight to Light Heavyweight.

He is part of the Faboulous Four, that includes Leonard, Hagler and Duran.

Tommy Hearns - 'Greatest Sports Legends' (Documentary)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKk8xwD610c

What are your thoughts on Hearns the fighter and his career?

Re: Thomas "Hitman Hearns is 56 today - What are your thoughts on him?

My thoughts? He's awesome. Thats all I got to say on him. The embodiment of everything a perfect fighter must have. Save for a chin, heh. But I don't think his chin was as bad as many say-Barkley hit hard and hit him with a damn hard shot. Against Marvelous Marvin he was defenseless as he broke his right hand and just got pummeled down, took quite a lot of leather before going down. Otherwise, when he was in his mode, he was the ultimate destroyer machine. :boxing: Love you Tommy! Bless you.

Re: Thomas "Hitman Hearns is 56 today - What are your thoughts on him?

What are your thoughts on Hearns the fighter and his career?

--- Looked a damned sight better in your former avatar than your current fluffy 4 legged muffin. Lose a bet and forfeit your avatar?

Oh to have Hearns in the 154 mix today, but he had his place in the sun of a epic period of boxing, so no regrets there, we were as blessed to bear witness.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...