Suluki: Haye corner not top notch

Wheelchair

David Haye doesn’t have the technical ability or the support in his corner to beat Audley Harrison, according to the challenger’s trainer Shadeed Suluki. The experienced cornerman has been putting Harrison through his paces at Big Bear in California ahead of the World Heavyweight title fight with Haye on November 13 in Manchester, and Suluki believes that the combination of Audley’s preparation and positive state of mind will see him emerge victorious. “Audley knows himself now, he is in a very comfortable place,” said Suluki. “He knows his ability more than ever and this is his destiny, he feels it, I feel it, we all feel it. This is a match made in heaven for us.”

Harrison continues to train at high altitude until he returns to the UK 18 days ahead of the fight, and no expense has been spared in his preparation for the fight with top quality sparring partners and a great support team.

Suluki has a wealth of experience as a trainer in the corner of title fights, including Lamon Brewster’s win over Wladimir Klitschko for the WBO Heavyweight title after the American had been floored by the Ukrainian, and he believes that Harrison’s team is stronger as Haye’s trainer/manager Adam Booth does not have the boxing know-how to change Haye’s tactics in the corner.

“I don’t take anything away from Booth but he’s not at the same level as top trainers like Emanuel Steward and Thell Torrence – he doesn’t know boxing. When we get in the trenches and Haye goes back to his corner and has to make adjustments, will Adam have the answers? There is a big question mark over that.”

Harrison’s main man acknowledged that the 29 year-old title holder is physically sharp but cast doubt over his decision making and his technique.

“I question how smart he is, he is fast and a good athlete but is he really technical? I think he just throws punches without knowing why he is throwing punches. I just don’t think he is very well schooled.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/suluki-haye-corner-doesnt-know-boxing-63189

Re: Suluki: Haye corner not top notch

When we get in the trenches and Haye goes back to his corner and has to make adjustments, will Adam have the answers? There is a big question mark over that.”

Trenches? Audley will start crying if Haye drags him into a blood and guts war. What makes this Suluki think he's some sort of genius anyway. The man's got to be a plonker if he's working with Audley.

who the bloody hell is Suluki?!?

i think if you asked the majority of the boxing world, more would of heard of Adam Booth

that made me piss my pants, WHEN we take him to the trenches, Audley hasn't got a clue what a trench looks like!

he knows what a shell looks like because he spends enough time going into one!

what a joke

Booth is a young trainer but hasnt really gone wrong with Haye except from Thompson fight.

He has managed him great aswell.

Audley and his camp are over there head in a big way, he is sparring average fighters and seems to think he can box Haye and win.

Nearest I've heard of is a Saluki!

http://dogs.y2u.co.uk/photo/Saluki_Dog.jpg

maybe that's Audley's trainer

Beleive it or not, the nickname of one of the College teams in my State is the Southern Illinois University Salukis. Has to one of the stupidest names around, doesn't exactly instill fear in the hearts of the opponents lol.