Rafael Marquez: Myself or Juanma will win by knockout

RAZZ-MCFC

Featherweight Rafael Marquez does not see his fight with WBO champion Juan Manuel Lopez going the distance on November 6 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. One way or another, Marquez says one of them is going to win by knockout. Marquez has finally begun to spar after suffering a hand injury that postponed the fight from the original September date. Marquez is ready to go out on his shield if necessary.

Trainer and former world champion Daniel Zaragoza was happy to see his fighter work hard in the gym without any pain in the hand.

"Rafael boxed, but at a slow pace, trying combinations and defense. Fortunately he did not feel any pain, is ready to fight," said Zaragoza said.

Marquez predicts an explosive contest with someone laying down on their back.

"Because of the bruise on my hand I had had to postpone the fight. Juanma can't be allowed to have any benefits and I have to be at 100%. This is one of the biggest fights in my career. The two of us can hit and I think that is going to end with a knockout for one of us, and I hope to be the one who will triumph," Marquez said.

Zaragoza says Marquez looked good as he sparred with Juan Antonio Rodríguez and Otocani Reynoso. Marquez respects the power of Juanma but also sees flaws.

"I saw him knock out several opponents in one round, like when he won the title from Daniel Ponce De Leon, but I've also seen him in trouble. He is not invincible. I expect a great fight and a win," Marquez said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31506

I have a feeling Marquez is going to take this one.

I hope Juanma wins for the sake of boxing, since Marquez is in the twilight of his career.

I just think that Marquez is that bit tougher than Lopez, and has been in with a better calibre of fighter over the years.

I think it may come down to exactly what he says - hit and get hit.

If that's the way it does pan out, then I only see Marquez coming through a slugfest.

I have a feeling Marquez is going to take this one.

I hope Juanma wins for the sake of boxing, since Marquez is in the twilight of his career.

I just think that Marquez is that bit tougher than Lopez, and has been in with a better calibre of fighter over the years.

I think it may come down to exactly what he says - hit and get hit.

If that's the way it does pan out, then I only see Marquez coming through a slugfest.

it's too hard to call mate

i'm really, really looking forward to this though

November really is shaping up to be a tasty month for boxing

Marquez has atleast one thing going in his favour: Lopez's defense sucks.Marquez is an excellent pucher,with tremendous power and great accuracy - Lopez has never fought a puncher of this class.Marquez is definately in the twighlight of his career and he's barely fought in the last two and a half years,but he looked really sharp and still pretty fast in his last fight.

You know that Top Rank are cherry picking and just looking to add an elite name to Lopez's resume,but you can't help but be intrigued about it.