Grano Ready for Heavyweight Breakthrough Facing Adamek - NBCSN 8/3 Fight Night

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/67b67dad997f4941f0f9d5fa59617a1e_S.jpg

Heavyweight Tony Grano, 20-3-1, 16 KOs, has been trying to punch his way through the heavyweight division since 2005, but the boxer has yet to secure the signature win needed to truly make his mark. Grano has battled and beaten a number of solid heavyweights and took home a few minor belts, but nothing that Grano has accomplished thus far has led to the breakthrough he so desires.**

More...

Re: Grano Ready for Heavyweight Breakthrough Facing Adamek - NBCSN 8/3 Fight Night

[quote=ringnews24;146705

Heavyweight Tony Grano, 20-3-1, 16 KOs, has been trying to punch his way through the heavyweight division since 2005, but the boxer has yet to secure the signature win needed to truly make his mark. Grano has battled and beaten a number of solid heavyweights and took home a few minor belts, but nothing that Grano has accomplished thus far has led to the breakthrough he so desires.**

More...

--- Press release by Main Events, OK, the fight should be a fan friendly one unlike the last two Adamek fights where offensive minded Chambers unexpectedly went on a run and stayed well out of range for his own offense, and then the controversy with Cunningham.

Hard to know how much Adamek has left, but I hear he's dropping the extra muscle he put on and going back to speed and stamina. I expect a KO from him on top of a decent showing, so fairplay to ME for putting together some of the best heavyweight cards in the US of the past few years.

Re: Grano Ready for Heavyweight Breakthrough Facing Adamek - NBCSN 8/3 Fight Night

I love NBC Sports and the marriage between Main Events/Russell Peltz/and the network, it's been a great success and we've had some great fights, but let's face it, Tony Grano isn't being brought in to win. This isn't one of their best efforts.

Im really tired of this READ MORE shit...are you too lazy to post the entire article at once or what?:tsk:

Lol, its an auto-feed.

The article gets published on the main news site and the wonders of technology mean that a preview appears on the forum.

The article gets published on the main news site and the wonders of technology mean that a preview appears on the forum.

--- Nice techno idea with a credible promoter like ME, but alas, Grano pulled out with 2 herniated cervical discs.

Dominick Guinn the replacement, so looks like Adamek's gonna get his rounds in.

--- Nice techno idea with a credible promoter like ME, but alas, Grano pulled out with 2 herniated cervical discs.

Dominick Guinn the replacement, so looks like Adamek's gonna get his rounds in.

For these purposes (getting work in, and evaluating just where he's at), Guinn's a far better choice than Grano ever was.

For these purposes (getting work in, and evaluating just where he's at), Guinn's a far better choice than Grano ever was.

Agree. He should give Adamek more resistance and trouble than that big nobody Grano. Just another Italian-American heavyweight hype. Like Mike Mollo.

Agree. He should give Adamek more resistance and trouble than that big nobody Grano. Just another Italian-American heavyweight hype. Like Mike Mollo.

Boz-

I like Mollo's grit more, but then maybe that was because I got to witness his destruction of Kevin McBride from Ringside in Chicago a few years back. It was funny as hell, McBride's entourage came in with Bag Pipe players and the whole bit......and then about 10 mins later, the whole troup was marching back to the dressing room with long faces. I guess you kind of had to be there to fully enjoy it, funny as hell. Anyway, so I have a soft spot for Mollo, and also he got robbed against Spilzka not that long ago. IMO, he's a cut above the never-accomplished-anything Grano, even though it might just be my bias shining through ;)

Boz-

I like Mollo's grit more, but then maybe that was because I got to witness his destruction of Kevin McBride from Ringside in Chicago a few years back. It was funny as hell, McBride's entourage came in with Bag Pipe players and the whole bit......and then about 10 mins later, the whole troup was marching back to the dressing room with long faces. I guess you kind of had to be there to fully enjoy it, funny as hell. Anyway, so I have a soft spot for Mollo, and also he got robbed against Spilzka not that long ago. IMO, he's a cut above the never-accomplished-anything Grano, even though it might just be my bias shining through ;)

Rofl, come again?!? He got KO'D by Szpilka, how was that a robbery?:tongue1:

Rofl, come again?!? He got KO'D by Szpilka, how was that a robbery?:tongue1:

You have to watch the fight to understand, Mollo couldn't see due to the stream of blood pouring all over his face from the blatant fouls that Ref Ruiz allowed. Most everyone in attendance or watching on ESPN agreed that it was the most corrupt refereed fight in Chicago history, which is saying something. Molo mentions several of the issues in this interview: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/03/mike-mollo-looking-to-get-artur-szpilka-rematch/ Here's the fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhoMtkOa8s

Edited by davemurphy

You have to watch the fight to understand, Mollo couldn't see due to the stream of blood pouring all over his face from the blatant fouls that Ref Ruiz allowed. Most everyone in attendance or watching on ESPN agreed that it was the most corrupt refereed fight in Chicago history, which is saying something. Molo mentions several of the issues in this interview: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/03/mike-mollo-looking-to-get-artur-szpilka-rematch/ Here's the fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhoMtkOa8s

I DID watch it jabroni, it wasn't that bad that blood, I think you're overplaying it.:ranger: Perhaps you wanted to see Mollo win, well its understandable and he certainly made a good effort but in the end it wasn't enough. Szpilka decked him.

I DID watch it jabroni, it wasn't that bad that blood, I think you're overplaying it.:ranger: Perhaps you wanted to see Mollo win, well its understandable and he certainly made a good effort but in the end it wasn't enough. Szpilka decked him.

Perhaps your so big on Artur that you don't recognize a Rent-a-Ref when you see one, Boz.

Anyway, so I have a soft spot for Mollo, and also he got robbed against Spilzka not that long ago. IMO, he's a cut above the never-accomplished-anything Grano, even though it might just be my bias shining through ;)

--- Never got the Mollo being robbed against Spilzka and I can't say I even thought much of Spz until that fight which was quite bruisingly entertaining. Spilzka thought him easy enough that he gave an instantaneous rematch after he took care of Mintor.

Adamek would have his hands full with Mollo, but not Grano or Guinn.

Perhaps your so big on Artur that you don't recognize a Rent-a-Ref when you see one, Boz.

Not at all, couldn't care less about that baldheaded fatass. And why on earth would an AMERICAN ref favor the Pole against an American??

Not at all, couldn't care less about that baldheaded fatass. And why on earth would an AMERICAN ref favor the Pole against an American??

Chicago has the second-largest Polish population of any city in the world, Boz (only Warsaw has more), so while the fight might've been in America and Mollo might have been an American and fighting in his hometown, it basically WAS a road fight for him. The Polish fans in the audience outnumbered everyone else by at least 5-to-1, it's that way everytime a Polish fighter fights in Chicago. There's a LOT of pressure on any Ref to favor a Polish fighter, they're the biggest draw you can have locally.

Chicago has the second-largest Polish population of any city in the world, Boz (only Warsaw has more), so while the fight might've been in America and Mollo might have been an American and fighting in his hometown, it basically WAS a road fight for him. The Polish fans in the audience outnumbered everyone else by at least 5-to-1, it's that way everytime a Polish fighter fights in Chicago. There's a LOT of pressure on any Ref to favor a Polish fighter, they're the biggest draw you can have locally.

:violin: World's smallest violin playing just for the ref.