Solid gold belt awaits winner of Mayweather vs Canelo

WelshDevilRob

Re: Solid gold belt awaits winner of Mayweather vs Canelo

Considering the WBC is not-for-profit, they have a fuckload of money to finance ridiculous belts for all occasions.

On the plus size, after this, we can legitimitely say that Floyd Mayweather is a solid-gold prick.

That's the same damn thing as their "Diamond Belt" that they rolled out a few years back, only they replaced the small row of so-called diamonds that encircled the flags with the "gold" emblems. I remember the Diamond Belt came to a abrupt end when Sergio Martinez said he wasn't going to defend his anymore and he gave it back. I'm hoping that Mayweather will do the same and tell Jose what he can do with the Golden Belt.

The WBC are whoring themselves. I cannot believe the cheek of them to make a belt and basically say "look,we made this, pay us so you can wear it." Hope Floyd tells them where to go. I don't think he will since he has a good relationship with them.

The WBC and WBA 'Super' titles are on the line for this one - both currently owned by Alvarez.

If the WBC want to throw in a 24 carrot gold belt then who would say NO? I'd like one and its probably worth more than what alot of fighters make in a single fight.

The WBC and WBA 'Super' titles are on the line for this one - both currently owned by Alvarez.

If the WBC want to throw in a 24 carrot gold belt then who would say NO? I'd like one and its probably worth more than what alot of fighters make in a single fight.

--- It's a microfilm thick layer of gold, the reason you can see these big gold blingys being sold for 19.95 and the like. Couple of wearings rubs away the gold and exposes the cheap metal beneath oxidizing.

BTW, Floydy co-owns the WBA super from Cotto, they didn't strip him. The belt likely has more value as a collector item down the road given it's a WBC first issue, first edition as it were....http://ringnews24.com/boxingforum/images/icons/icon6.png

Canelo doesn't hold the "Super" title, he holds a "unified title" the same as Carl Froch

http://wbanews.com/artman/publish/campionshipChampions/

Canelo doesn't hold the "Super" title, he holds a "unified title" the same as Carl Froch

http://wbanews.com/artman/publish/campionshipChampions/

Canelo was stripped of his well publicized super title after the fact with the infamous WBA doing a revision when Roy tweeted that he thought he had been stripped.

Pay the WBA enough and you could hold a superduper title.