Prince Arron fights Bursak tonight for European middlewight title

boxrec

http://static.boxrec.com/wiki/2/2d/Princearronn.jpgOpportunity knocks for Droylsden's Prince Arron (23-4-1) tonight as he challenges Ukrainian Max 'The Tiger' Bursak (26-1-1) for the European middleweight title in Monte Carlo.

Former British light middleweight champion Arron was in training to face Trowbridge's Nick Blackwell before the call came from his manager Tommy Gilmour, offering the EBU title shot.

“I’m not sure what Tommy did and I’m asking no questions, I’m just very grateful to him,” Arron told Glynn Evans.

“I’ve watched bits of him (Bursak) on You Tube. He’s about 5ft 11″, so quite a bit shorter than me. He’s pretty well schooled - an aggressive, come forward type. But those are the type I like. They allow me to show my boxing off and they walk onto my shots.

Arron captured the British light middleweight belt with a thrilling 12th round stoppage of Sidcup's Sam Webb in May 2011, but lost it seven months later to current champion, Blackpool's Brian Rose. Arron then spent almost a year out of the ring before returning with a third round stoppage of Telford's Kieron Gray in December last year. He last fought in March, recording a narrow points win over six rounds against Nottingham's Tyan Booth in Manchester.

Now competing at middleweight, Arron said: "I’m 25 now, peaking mentally and physically. This is my time to shine. I’m very grateful for the opportunity.”

Bursak, 29, picked up the title in February, stopping France’s Julien Marie Sainte (34-2) in the third round.

More...