Prediction: Andrade/Bute, Funeka/Guzman ***SPOILERS***

WelshDevilRob

Prediction: Andrade/Bute, Funeka/Guzman

by Vivek Wallace

Saturday night, the world of boxing will be treated to a very intriguing set of matchups. In a lightweight matchup, fight fans will be treated to a showdown between Ali Funeka (30-2-2, 25KO's) and the highly skilled and undefeated Domincan, Joan Guzman (29-0, 17KO's).

Joan Guzman has been viewed as one of the most talented fighters in the sport for quite some time, but a recent string of weight related problems and outside interference has kept many from witnessing his true worth.

Ali Funeka, known for his gutsy performance against Nate Campbell, will receive another chance to take the hardware back home to Africa with him. Funeka has flown under the radar for years, but for those who know him, there's no question this wiry framed opponent has all the tools to become a champion.

In the main event, fight fans will get a chance to see a rematch of one of the best fights of the year when Mexican Librado Andrade (28-2, 21KO's) takes on undefeated Canadian Lucian Bute (24-0, 19KO's).

Andrade's only two losses came to Mikkel Kessler and Lucian Bute, in what was a highly controversial showdown which left many in attendance feeling the wrong man won.

OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS:

Funeka/Guzman - Guzman has shown great promise, but this time around, he has probably bitten off more than he can chew. This will be Guzman's 2nd fight since November '07. Inactivity and a very live underdog will be the theme of the night, as the South African native will use that potent double jab to effectively take Guzman's "O".

FUNEKA - VIA UNANIMOUS DECISION

Andrade/Bute - I think Bute, being the great boxer he is, will present a few challenges early for Andrade, but after the 3rd round, I expect to see a much more polished Andrade, and an eventual winner. Bute was saved by now highly bashed referee Marlon B. 'Wrong', but this time, I don't think there's anyone who can save Bute from a very determined Andrade.

ANDRADE - SPLIT DECISION

Source:

www.examiner.com

-----------------------

How do you think tonights fights will go?

spoilers:::::::::::::::::;

whoa, bute looked amazing. i expected him to win a cautious 12 round UD but he threw some bombs at andrade. to me, bute is without a doubt the best @ super middleweight.

funeka got robbed. guzman shouldnt have changed his style up though i think that cost him the fight, he didnt box like he normally does. the inactivity also hurt him i believe, not to mention the fact that funeka was nearly fighting at middleweight. also im surprised the doctor let the fight go on after the headbutt that opened that really bad cut in the 4th round or so when he checked it. still i think funeka won clearly, though i didnt score it.

spoilers:::::::::::::::::;

whoa, bute looked amazing. i expected him to win a cautious 12 round UD but he threw some bombs at andrade. to me, bute is without a doubt the best @ super middleweight.

funeka got robbed. guzman shouldnt have changed his style up though i think that cost him the fight, he didnt box like he normally does. the inactivity also hurt him i believe, not to mention the fact that funeka was nearly fighting at middleweight. also im surprised the doctor let the fight go on after the headbutt that opened that really bad cut in the 4th round or so when he checked it. still i think funeka won clearly, though i didnt score it.

I think he clinched the number one spot too but there's a lot of hard fights to come! But what a performance of Bute and what a display of greatness... Outstanding leg movements, fast hands mixed with a lot of precision and power has been the solution to put the toughest fighter of the division out of the fight after only 3 rounds and a half.

On the other hand, woe to both judges who scored this undercard fight a draw! I think it is destroying the beauty of an event that was exciting and it is a bad publicity for quebec and canada's boxing scene. Guzman had to deal with cuts and a bloody nose but he has shown that he's tough and definately the most talented boxer in the lightweight division. Meanwhile Ali Funeka was simply fighting like a great champion and he has outperformed his opponent. I feel bad for Funeka, but he will definately have his chance to finally get the fame and the belt that he deserves.

It's been a good night of boxing, Molina vs Honorio as showtime's main event has been very exciting too.

Spoiler added to title.

Missed the Guzman fight, Ill catch up with that later but from what I can gather Funeka was Robbed.

I was impressed by Bute, fantastic stoppage putting down Andrade twice when he's only been down once in his career and never been stopped.