David Haye Does Not Rule Out Tomasz Adamek Clash

WelshDevilRob

David Haye Does Not Rule Out Tomasz Adamek Clash

By Mark Vester

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye does not rule out a future clash with Tomasz Adamek. Haye became the king of the cruiserweights by capturing the major titles and beating the top guys at the weight. After Haye made his move to heavyweight, it was Adamek, moving up from light heavyweight, who became the king of the cruiserweights by winning titles and beating all comers. Adamek would soon follow Haye's lead by moving up to heavyweight and demolishing Polish veteran Andrew Golota.

After Haye captured his WBA title with a decision win over 7'2 Nikolai Valuev, Adamek issued a challenge to the British fighter. Haye told Bill Emes of BoxingScene.com that Adamek needs a bigger name in the UK and the United States to make such a fight a reality. Haye says the Polish fighter is not a big name in the UK and none of his fights were televised in the country. He says Adamek is on the right path to making a name for himself at heavyweight.

"To be honest, I've only seen one of his fights. I saw highlights of the [steve] Cunningham fight. He looked good in that and against [Andrew] Golota. He looked good there. I think if he keeps on the same path that he's going at, and keeps beating names - he can cause a stir and get the American and the UK people involved. In Poland he's massive but none of his fights have been shown in the UK before and we need that," Haye told BoxingScene.

Source:

www.boxingscene.com

• 8 months later...

don't mean to piss on everybody's chips but where, anywhere in that article does it mention about a potential fight or him not ruling 1 out?

just says he's been impressed from the fights he has seen of him and he's on the road to making a name for himself

on a side note i did say on another thread the other day i'd love to see a Haye-Adamek fight as it's been building and building since they were both at cruiser

Why are you trying to sh*t on my pop tart? lol just kidding

First line my good man makes reference to Haye not ruling out a potential fight.

ie, if my wife calls me from work tells me she horny and can't wait to get home... that doesn't necessarily mean that I am most definitely going to get some when I get home. it just means that I just "might" get some.

Now someone could piss her off at work, customer comes in complaining about reversing fees she cant, grid lock traffic on the way home, I forgot the take out the trash, she all of the sudden got bloated...therefore eliminating my chances of bagging her that day..., well, my friend the mere mention of the "fact" that she mentioned is enough for me to start speculating, (in our case when a boxers makes a statement about not ruling out a potential fight- start blogging) on how, when, why, and how hard, and where am I to deposit my....

Do you kinda of sort of maybe possibly get the point I'm trying to make or was that a bad analogy? Hope I didn't offend anyone.

I have more if need be.

American heavies dominated for so long and now that there is no one, I would think that every Euro fighter or anyone else across the pond would do anything, fight anyone to bring all the attention back across. No one seems to be doing that. No one mainly being Haye.

He has everything, seems to be a tv personality, likable I mean. He should just fight the Klit's brothers (no pun intended) and everyone else. I think he would win by knockout on both. Heavies have been needing some one of his caliber for a long time. Fight! that's what I say to haye.

Why are you trying to sh*t on my pop tart? lol just kidding

First line my good man makes reference to Haye not ruling out a potential fight.

ie, if my wife calls me from work tells me she horny and can't wait to get home... that doesn't necessarily mean that I am most definitely going to get some when I get home. it just means that I just "might" get some.

Now someone could piss her off at work, customer comes in complaining about reversing fees she cant, grid lock traffic on the way home, I forgot the take out the trash, she all of the sudden got bloated...therefore eliminating my chances of bagging her that day..., well, my friend the mere mention of the "fact" that she mentioned is enough for me to start speculating, (in our case when a boxers makes a statement about not ruling out a potential fight- start blogging) on how, when, why, and how hard, and where am I to deposit my....

Do you kinda of sort of maybe possibly get the point I'm trying to make or was that a bad analogy? Hope I didn't offend anyone.

I have more if need be.

but technically David didn't actually say it, it was the writer of the article wink:

Adamek V Haye needs to happen.

Agreed. It's a better fight than Haye vs Audley which we'll probably end up with.

Apart from a scrap with Wlad or Vitali there are no other fights that are remotely interesting the heavyweight division.

Maybe someone can convince the Lennox to come back for ol time sakes and put a whoopin on the Klit brothers then everyone can see that there is nothing worth talking, writing and or watching in the heavy division right now. It is just not happening, and not for a very long time to come. Wait on the Mayan calender...

Yeah, well I dream of sitting on a island that I own full of beautiful.... orchids (my wife is sneering at me, shes reading over my shoulder)

one can only dream...

He comments on coming back when Riddick Bowe calls him out but won't when everyone wanted to see the vitali fight.

I did like him a lot though.