Cotto and retirement

corgi321

Roach was right, his corners inexperience cost him. they didnt seem to be giving him much instruction between rounds and throughout the build up he looked to be training himself.

cotto needs a well earned rest an to come back with a trainer who will crack the whip and make him work

Re: Cotto and retirement

I hope Cotto now retires. I was disappointed that his corner didn't stop the fight sooner as it was obvious from round 9 at lease that he had no hope.

Mayweather claims to be one of the all time greats. He'll need to be to beat the pacman.

cotto is a special talent , he lost against the best lb for lb boxer there is just now. theres no shame in losing to pacquiao. i want to see cotto again hes got a big future in boxing. i for one want to see him again and again

why do fans call for retirement when a fighter loses a fight ?// over reaction or what

I disagree, i don`t think Manny had a great fight, I think the mistakes Cotto made cost him the fight and also good point about his corner, i looked at the fight several times, Cotto did not change his footwork sets/rhythm and most of the time his head/upper-body movement was nos there, and we all know boxing at a professional level u need to mix up those footwork sets and upper-body movement (shoulders, neck, head etc) to get that surprise hit in.

IMO Miguel does not need to retire, he does as other poeple have pointed out need to take a good break and get a new trainer. He has a lot to offer boxing, he has IMO the best fans in boxing out there, by that a mean knowlegable and easy to get on with. I read in another thread that i was possible a glory hunter as i joked i was now Team Mayweather (cheers Brick lol) or a Pac Hater. To which on both remarks im not. We are all pretty fortunate to be witnessing Pac and what hes doing in the sport right now. He's a speacial fighter and someone whom will be talked about for many many years. I do get dissalusioned however by his fans and thier perssistant god like status they give Manny. Plus they wont even consider him ever losing. Even in his defeats they find fault in the other guy and insist he should of won..

Back to Cotto though he'l be back, he has unfinshed business with the Cheat for starters who i was surprised to see walking round the MGM without a care in thw world....