Tyson loses cool on live TV

Brick Top

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/2712304/Mike-Tyson-lost-his-cool-with-Sky-News-Dermot-Murnaghan.html

LEGENDARY boxer Mike Tyson blew his top as a live TV interview threatened to boil over.

Sky News' Dermot Murnaghan was quizzing Iron Mike about his spectacular rise to the top of the boxing pile but their conversation soured when the spotlight turned to his dramatic fall from grace.

Tyson was jailed for rape in 1992 and shocked the world when he bit a chunk out of fellow heavyweight Evander Holyfield's ear during a comeback bout five years later.

Murnaghan's line of questioning clearly infuriated the former boxing champion, and he snarled: "I was a young kid then.

"I'm 43 years old and you're still dwelling on something I did when I was 20. What do you want to get from this interview?

"I don't know if I am [a different person now] or not. I don't want to be the person I was but change comes in time.

"You're irritating me now. I guess I did change because I'm not assailing you.

"You're irritating me right now because I feel as though you're evoking stuff from the past — that stuff is from 15 or 20 years ago."

After the broadcast, Murnaghan admitted he had felt intimidated by Tyson's confrontational attitude.

The broadcaster said: "He did say I was irritating him, and when you're told that by a man sitting three feet away who once said he wanted to eat his opponents' hearts and drive their bones into their brain, it's scary."

their job is to come up with new and interesting stuff, not doing their best attempt to get a tortured celebrity to their boiling point.

pff don't play the intimidationcard homey, when the real reason is that you suck at your job.

sounds to me like tyson handled himself fine.

their job is to come up with new and interesting stuff, not doing their best attempt to get a tortured celebrity to their boiling point.

pff don't play the intimidationcard homey, when the real reason is that you suck at your job.

Please not yet another " Its everyone elses fault that i started out mugging old ladies, progressed to beating up people in lifts, carparks, etc, groping girls whenever i felt like it, and eventually raped one "

Honestly, the record is getting worn out now.

Please not yet another " Its everyone elses fault that i started out mugging old ladies, progressed to beating up people in lifts, carparks, etc, groping girls whenever i felt like it, and eventually raped one "

Honestly, the record is getting worn out now.

You forgot that thug that snapped the head off one of Mike's pigeon's. Upto that point Mike was a gentle fellow who was taunted by others because he was poor. Riddick Bowe says people used to call him 'Bummy Ike'.

But I do fully agree with you that each individual is responsible for their actions and life. It's easy to blame outside influences etc.

Just watched the interview now, made me feel a little uncomfortable in parts. Probaly because the big man is the reason i got into boxing, Yeah he's had is problems and its well documented, but he's still one of the best heavyweights of all time IMO

Tyson is still the same old person he was from when he was a young chap. This is the same guy remember who finds out his daughter has just died and gets engaged a week later.

Once a fruitloop always a fruitloop.

People deal with gried in different ways, you cant judge when you dont know what goes on behind closed doors. Perhaps His fiance helped him through the grief and brought them closer together thats why they got engaged

Tyson is still the same old person he was from when he was a young chap. This is the same guy remember who finds out his daughter has just died and gets engaged a week later.

Once a fruitloop always a fruitloop.

People deal with gried in different ways, you cant judge when you dont know what goes on behind closed doors. Perhaps His fiance helped him through the grief and brought them closer together thats why they got engaged

Have to side with you on this one Brick. Losing a child is the most horrific thing that can happen to anyone as im sure you can now testify... But people deal with things differently and who are we to judge

So after his heart pouring display at the statue of Johnny Owen ( who he never even met ) can we expect a state wedding to follow on to the engagement?

No offence meant to anyone who has lost a child, but I find Tyson highly manipulative who uses any and every excuse for his behaviour, including tragedy, depression, mental instability, and just about anything else really.