Pacman vs Chavez and sugar ray Robinson Vs Sugar Ray Leonard

• 5 months later...

Robinson has Leonard's number. Bigger guy, faster hands, drastically more authoratative power...he decisions a competitive but not truly threatening Leonard, who isn't the style to best Robinson.

At 135 or 140, where it would most likely occur, I see Pacquiao as just too fast & getting off to too good a start for Chavez to rein in. Would be interesting if Chavez came on in the later rounds but I'm feeling Pacquiao does enough for a decision.

• 3 years later...

Re: Pacman vs Chavez and sugar ray Robinson Vs Sugar Ray Leonard

Robinson has Leonard's number. Bigger guy, faster hands, drastically more authoratative power...he decisions a competitive but not truly threatening Leonard, who isn't the style to best Robinson.

At 135 or 140, where it would most likely occur, I see Pacquiao as just too fast & getting off to too good a start for Chavez to rein in. Would be interesting if Chavez came on in the later rounds but I'm feeling Pacquiao does enough for a decision.

I feel everything you said is wrong. How is Robinson the bigger guy? Leonard was 5ft 10, Robinson was 5ft 11. Hearns was 6ft 1 and leonard was fine with it. Furthermore Leonards peak was at welterweight, as was Robinsons, but the last time I looked, I read that there is no footage available of Robinson at welter. You say Leonard does not have the right style to beat Robinson, but Leonard could do everything, including adapt, so I don't know what style you do think would beat him.

Also your comment about Pacquiao getting off too fast for Chavez to reign in. Have you seen Chavez v Meldrick Taylor? Taylor was as fast as they come and WAY faster than Manny. Also a far better boxer, with far better combo's. Truth is no one would get off too fast for Chavez to be able to reign in, as he was the master of slowing them down with pressure and body shots. Chavez by stoppage is my pick.