Gabriel Campillo ready to surprise Tavoris Cloud

WelshDevilRob

Gabriel Campillo ready to surprise Tavoris Cloud

Former WBA Light Heavyweight World Champion Gabriel "The Handsome Man" Campillo (21-3-1, 8 KOs) and his outstanding support team, landed in in Corpus Christi, Texas, at 4 pm yesterday, in advance of Campillo's challenge for unbeaten Tavoris Cloud's (24-0, 19 KOs) IBF championship at American Bank Center Arena this Saturday night.

The 12-round battle will serve as the opening televised bout of the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING (10 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast) broadcast that will also feature former world champion Paul Williams (40-2, 27 KOs) taking on Nobuhiro Ishida (24-6-2, 9 KOs) of Osaka, Japan.

Campillo says he and budding superstar trainer Pablo Sarmiento had a fantastic camp, working with middleweight champion (and Campillo manager) Sergio Martinez, who is also in heavy training for his upcoming fight.

"Few people are giving me a shot in this fight and that just motivates me more to prove them wrong," said the eager Campillo. "This won't be the first time I've gone to another country and returned home an upset victor," continued the Madrid, Spain, native.

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/43103-gabriel-campillo-ready-to-surprise-tavoris-cloud.html#ixzz1mSa2LgeY

I'm really looking forward to this. As i've said in the past, I believe Campillo's boxing skills are really underrated. I was really impressed with him against Murat in their second fight and thought he won that fight comfortably, but was robbed for the second time in recent years as he was against Shumenov! This is definitely Cloud's hardest test to date I think and one that appeals to me more than the Erdei fight did. If hype is anything to go by, Cloud should cruise this fight, but I've got a sneaky feeling it won't be plain sailing. Cloud by decision.