Colombian welterweight Samuel Vargas Explosive

WelshDevilRob

TORONTO (February 14, 2012) - Colombian-born boxer Samuel Vargas has found a home in Mississauga, Ontario, where he packed the house last Saturday night and captured the Canadian welterweight title, knocking out dangerous Manolis Plaitis at Hershey Centre.

Vargas-Plaitis headlined a stellar card presented by United Promotions in association with Hennessy Sports.

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs092/1107899787415/img/158.jpg

Vargas (9-0-1, 3 KOs), who was a refugee before moving to Mississauga, is starting to make noise in boxing circles. Coming off of the 2011 Canadian Fight of the Year, in which he battled last October at home with Quebec arch-rival Ahmad Cheikho, Samuel put Cheikho's Quebec-based stable-mate Plaitis (17-2-1, 8 KOs), to sleep at 2:49 of the opening in an early Knockout of the Year candidate.

In his last two fights, Vargas has shown surprising power, stopping former Canadian light welterweight champion Plaitis and Cheikho in consecutive fights, after Samuel went the full distance in seven straight fights after his 2010 pro debut. Vargas' last two victories have also given his Ontario 'team" a decisive advantage over Quebec in the providences' ongoing rivalry.

Where has his power come from? "I just keep learning every fight," the soft-spoken fighter explained. "I didn't have a long amateur career and I've learned how to throw a good punch. All of my improvements and added power are thanks to my trainer, Billy Martin.

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/42770-colombian-welterweight-samuel-vargas-explosive.html#ixzz1mNxQWYaI