Dirtiest fighters in history?

Skav

Re: Dirtiest fighters in history?

The Luis Lazarte thread has inspired me to start a thread on who you think are the dirtiest fighters in history or/and the ones you have seen?

Andrew Golota for starters.

Wait...you hadn't heard of Lazarte before then?

A post I made from last September sums up my long term feelings on Lazarte

And we have "The dirtiest player in the game" Luis Alberto Lazarte. Lazarte is a former IBF light flyweight (tonights fight is an eliminator for that title) and is a 40 year old veteran who's record reads 48-10-2, 1ND, 18KO's)...the impressive thing is his DQ record! 4DQ losses, 1 DQ win and an amazing double DQ draw! He faces Nerys Espinoza who is 29-6-1, 1NC (20KO's). The two men fought last year with Lazarte defending his title...

Amazingly Espinoza also has DQ's on his record including...another double DQ

And from his second bout with Solis

How Lazarte wasn't deducted points or kicked out was mystery, his most potent blows were low or behind the head

Anyway for difference names, Zivic is the obvious choice, Papke's most famous punch was a cheap one, Greb was meant to be a rough house fighter, Hopkins is also pretty dirty. Barrera is worth a mention he wasn't the most well behaved of fighters out there.

Re: Dirtiest fighters in history?

Anyway for difference names, Zivic is the obvious choice, Papke's most famous punch was a cheap one, Greb was meant to be a rough house fighter, Hopkins is also pretty dirty. Barrera is worth a mention he wasn't the most well behaved of fighters out there.

Zivic was an expert when it came to using the laces, a lot of guys left the Ring looking like someone had taken some steel wool to their face.