Mosley v Alvarez confirmed

Otley Snr

...and a big disappointment. The formerly "great" SSM lost all the physical belts he had ever won to his ex and is ending up becoming a prostituted gatekeeper. I'm hoping Canelo KHTFO so that his new g/f gets to have a rethink... that's when and where it will hurt this fake 'Sugar" the most. Oh well.

P34c3

How is Mosley still getting the big pay days? He's becoming like Judah, getting undeserved upon undeserved title shots.

----- Mosley's gone crawling back to Oscar after making his Uncle Bob debut raking in silly money that GB couldn't deliver to him.

Mosley hasn't been beat at 154 since Winky did the honors back in 04. Whatever Mosley has lost, he's still tough and will primarily be remembered as the guy who was one punch from knocking out Floydy, so set him up again.

At the end of the day, this is the 3rd copromotion for Canelo with Floydy, so look for the sparklers come November, a natural fight they've been building up unless Cotto gets to Floydy first.

Dadburned shame about the Floydy legacy if that happens, Puerto Rican shades of Castillo and all that.

he's still tough and will primarily be remembered as the guy who was one punch from knocking out Floydy, so set him up again.

Nah, he'll be remembered as that overrated, lying drug cheat who wobbled Mayweather and then took the beating he was there to take.

Dadburned shame about the Floydy legacy if that happens, Puerto Rican shades of Castillo and all that.

You're backing Cotto to beat Mayweather?

Mosley has never looked good at 154, even when his body was chock-full of PED goodies.

Still knows enough to last the distance, but won't win and doubt he'll even be competitive. At this stage, I'd have reservations about Mosley fighting anybody, let alone a beast like Canelo. His slurring is even more prominent these days. As far as I'm aware, the NSAC are within their rights to revoke a boxer's license purely on the basis of slurred speech (I'm pretty sure they did this with Terry Norris). Think it's time to start taking a closer look at Shane.

Mosley has never looked good at 154, even when his body was chock-full of PED goodies.

Still knows enough to last the distance, but won't win and doubt he'll even be competitive. At this stage, I'd have reservations about Mosley fighting anybody, let alone a beast like Canelo. His slurring is even more prominent these days. As far as I'm aware, the NSAC are within their rights to revoke a boxer's license purely on the basis of slurred speech (I'm pretty sure they did this with Terry Norris). Think it's time to start taking a closer look at Shane.

They should look at Evander before anyone, can't make out a word that guy says for the most part.

It is because of fights like this that I refuse to get so excited over Alvarez, he is carefully matched and regardless of his age, if you have a title you should be fighting better guys.

I hope he can KO Mosley rather than letting Shane bore the fans to sleep by running as he did against Manny. I know Mosley has been great for boxing, but if I am paying a few hundred dollars for a seat, I want to see action not a touch glove fest.

Be cool to get the chance to see Shane in the flesh I guess, faded or not.

Winky Wright is also rumoured to be on the card.

It is because of fights like this that I refuse to get so excited over Alvarez, he is carefully matched and regardless of his age, if you have a title you should be fighting better guys.

----- Aaron, all fighters are carefully matched to suit the needs of the promoter. Regardless, I doubt you could come up with a handful of fighters with better records at age 21 than Alvarez.

I agree that Mosley ain't quite what he used to be, in fact being way overrated his whole career, but was one punch from knocking out Floydy and gave Manny a slicker fight than he's credited after having his legs taken away at the first knock down. Plus he's been a ranked fighter since forever, so Alvarez is beating ranked fighters at this point no matter how much you wish to dicker over his/their worth.

----- Aaron, all fighters are carefully matched to suit the needs of the promoter. Regardless, I doubt you could come up with a handful of fighters with better records at age 21 than Alvarez.

I agree that Mosley ain't quite what he used to be, in fact being way overrated his whole career, but was one punch from knocking out Floydy and gave Manny a slicker fight than he's credited after having his legs taken away at the first knock down. Plus he's been a ranked fighter since forever, so Alvarez is beating ranked fighters at this point no matter how much you wish to dicker over his/their worth.

He ran away from Manny the whole night after the knockdown, nothing else. That was an awful performance resulting in an awful fight and fans in the arena booing at the end.

I bet you wont find many 21 year old fighter being paid millions for fights they should win, and getting the hype Alvarez gets.

Alavrez won his title fight against a welterweight ffs, and lets be honest it was not even against the best Welter in the country imo no offence to Matt Hatton. I don't care how youg he is if your good enough your old enough.

Him and Chavez Jnr should fight for the paper championship of the world.

This win is nothing more than a name on paper simple. A fight against Margarito would of been decent who despite have taken a beating, has the heart to fight which I think Shane lacks now days.

I bet you wont find many 21 year old fighter being paid millions for fights they should win, and getting the hype Alvarez gets.

Alavrez won his title fight against a welterweight ffs, and lets be honest it was not even against the best Welter in the country imo no offence to Matt Hatton. I don't care how youg he is if your good enough your old enough.

This win is nothing more than a name on paper simple. A fight against Margarito would of been decent who despite have taken a beating, has the heart to fight which I think Shane lacks now days.

---- Aaron, it's great you have such a vivid imagination, but I doubt Alvarez has been paid millions yet, though he might be closing in on a million dollar purse by now.

Sorry Aaron, but Magic Hatton and Cintron were being fluffed to fight Floydy before Oscar, Mosley and Hopkins sat on Floydy making him sign to fight Mosley. The kid was only 20 yrs old when he beat a prime age Hatton for the belt. The kid was a life long welter moving up only the year before, so Hatton had double the above welter bouts as the kid did.

Like most fans, the concept of a timeline completely escapes your grasp Aaron. The WBC title Canelo won was the vacated by Manny after he beat Marg into eye surgery and rehab. Neither Marg, Nino Benvenuti or Jake Lamotta was available for the kid to fight, but you can propose such match ups in fantasy fights section.

---- Aaron, it's great you have such a vivid imagination, but I doubt Alvarez has been paid millions yet, though he might be closing in on a million dollar purse by now.

Sorry Aaron, but Magic Hatton and Cintron were being fluffed to fight Floydy before Oscar, Mosley and Hopkins sat on Floydy making him sign to fight Mosley. The kid was only 20 yrs old when he beat a prime age Hatton for the belt. The kid was a life long welter moving up only the year before, so Hatton had double the above welter bouts as the kid did.

Like most fans, the concept of a timeline completely escapes your grasp Aaron. The WBC title Canelo won was the vacated by Manny after he beat Marg into eye surgery and rehab. Neither Marg, Nino Benvenuti or Jake Lamotta was available for the kid to fight, but you can propose such match ups in fantasy fights section.

Hahahahaha.

Vivid imaginations, eh?

At the end of the day I agree with Teddy Atlas in that he is being given hype after hype for fighting faded or average opponents. And he is being paid a hell of a lot of money to do so.

He can have my hype when he does something to justify it a little, the Cintron win was decent but that is as good as it has got from me on him so far.

Alfonso Gomez, Matt Hatton, Ryan Rhodes and old man Shane for a world title run, it is laughable. Next you will be telling me Chavez Jnr is a worthy champion, though with Saul's age I wont lower him to that level yet.

The kid is talented I don't deny that, but his opposition is failing to tell anyone just how talented.

I would love to see him fight Lara.

I have tweeted Oscar about this and he has neither got back to me or retweeted of which I am deeply offended ; )

Canelo will be spoon fed over the hill fighters and will keep the WBC title without fighting any legitimate threat, with him being mexican that WBC clown of a president is not likely to make anyone a mandatory that could threaten him also.

I would love to see him fight Lara.

I have tweeted Oscar about this and he has neither got back to me or retweeted of which I am deeply offended ; )

Canelo will be spoon fed over the hill fighters and will keep the WBC title without fighting any legitimate threat, with him being mexican that WBC clown of a president is not likely to make anyone a mandatory that could threaten him also.

---- Well, there you go again with a vivid imagination devoid of actual facts.

Fact: Canelo is a Goldenboy fighter first and foremost who just happens to hold and defends the WBC title that Manny and Floydy never defended but get plenty of credit for holding. As such, it's GB who has final say over who he fights until he leaves them.

Let's see how fair your views are in comparison to a career WBC fighter, Floydy.

He never defended his WBC lightwelter belt, jrmid belt, and somehow was allowed to defend his WBC belt once against Hatton in spite of going more than a year without defending it and Hatton going more than a year without fighting in the welter division and only having a single fight there.

During that time, Berto was Floydy's mandatory, just like Vanes Martirosyan is Canelo's mandatory and ranked over Lara in both Ring and Boxrec rankings.

Is not Suliman applying the same standards to Canelo as he did Floydy, so is Floydy equally compromised? Or perhaps Floydy is more so given that he "rewon" his vacated belt in an illegitimate fight against Ortiz that was as fake as any fight in the history of boxing?

No investigation or any rematch to settle the question nor any strippage in spite of the fact that it will be well over a year from the Ortiz fight until Floydy will be able to fight again.

Now I could insert an inflammatory comment about Floydy's racial and national origins here to justify Suliman's behavior, but why stoop to that level?

Fair is fair, but it's my experience that most boxing fans could care less about fair, only wanting emote like schoolgirls in a crush over rock stars.

Are you fair to the existing facts Aaron, or is it a natural aversion to 21 yr old fighter who's record surpases 99.99% of the 21 year old fighters in history?