Pacquaio v Bradley

leerhodes

Manny Pacquiao is set to defend his WBO welterweight world championship at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, against Timothy Bradley on Saturday, June 9. According to The Ring, A deal was agreed today, Monday, after a productive weekend meeting in San Antonio, Texas, between Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz, Bradley’s manager Cameron Dunkin and Top Rank Boxing promoter Bob Arum – who represents both fighters.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

It's a fair and decent enough fight, given the "big one" is as far away as ever....

Bradley is the clear LWW no.1, given Khan's recent failings and deserves a crack in a big fight like this.

Most people won't give him much of a chance, but he's probably got more of a chance than he gets credit for, though I tend to think even that's still a longshot.

It depends whether the Marquez fight was just a blip or because of the style clash, or if it's early signs of a Pacquiao decline...

Re: Pacquaio v Bradley

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

----- Bradley could've be more active in the past, but still has managed to beat 3 top 10 undefeated fighters in a row in Peterson, Abregu, and Alexander.

He should be more active with Arum and landed his big wish fish, congrats. Manny continues to add to his record setting number of PPV fights and P4P fights since Bradley has been a Ring P4Per in his 2nd year and on boxrec as well.

Bradley's very quick, prime, with an unpredictable energizer bunny style so that's gonna be a problem for anyone near his weight class. Plus he's strong as a bull.

Only problem is potential headbutts, but Roach has Manny boxing and picking his shots now, so that's probably gonna be their gameplan, practicing his counters and hoping to catch him off balance or out of position which is a problem for Bradley because of his prodigious workrate.

Probably be a great action fight. The Cotto fight was a smokescreen to allow Cotto leverage against Floydy. Nobody ever believed Cotto would really come down to 147 after his recent success at 154 and that's a better fight for Floydy than Magic Hatton, Guerrero or any of the other nonsense he's tried in the past.

Not a fight that gets me excited to tell the truth. Bradley can't put bums on seats but it's the next best fight. I'm more excited for Mayweather vs Cotto even though that one should be a formality. Mayweather can go and get Alvarez next if he wants him but Pacquiao will be struggling for a fight after seeing off Bradley.

Not a fight that gets me excited to tell the truth. Bradley can't put bums on seats but it's the next best fight. I'm more excited for Mayweather vs Cotto even though that one should be a formality. Mayweather can go and get Alvarez next if he wants him but Pacquiao will be struggling for a fight after seeing off Bradley.

I think it's a better fight inside the Ring than it is an Event, Skav. After watching him struggle with JMM again, I think Manny is on a bit of a decline and Bradley has a decent shot at the upset. Crucial will be just who the Ref is, if Bradley's head isn't kept in check then I think it'll give Pac some problems. From just the promotional end of things, you right and it's all up to Arum and Pacquaio, Tim Bradley never sold a ticket in his life.

Pacquiao really no longer had much of a choice other than to have to fight Bradley once he gambled away his chance at landing Cotto. Moreover, I believe that some seed of doubt as to whether he can truly beat Marquez was planted in Pacquiao's mind after their last fight, so Team Pacquiao has looked increasingly away from Marquez as well, of recent.

For what it is worth, I believe Bradley will probably hand Pacquiao a defeat. This Bradley guy arguably does not have serious knock out power, however he is very smart, has good instincts and is always very determined. He is also tough as nail.

P34c3

Why are people trying to build Bradley up, as being something he simply isn't? Is it because he is relatively young, or is it because they are Pactards?

There is NO comparison between him and JMM. Marquez moved and countered, and THAT is what bothers Pakow, NOT some fool who comes looking for him. Ffs please stop trying to convince fools that this numpty is Jesus, Father Christmas, and Einstein rolled into one. Bradley has been picked because he is the best possible opponent to hopefully make Pakow look good again after JMM made him look what he really is. One dimentional.

Nobody ever looked good against Bradley - he's a hustling, rough-as-hell headbutting fighter with a solid jab, unexceptional power and reasonable movement. He's a good opponent, though I wonder if PAcquiao's speed will be the difference or whether some other factor brings him the win.

Why are people trying to build Bradley up, as being something he simply isn't? Is it because he is relatively young, or is it because they are Pactards?

There is NO comparison between him and JMM. Marquez moved and countered, and THAT is what bothers Pakow, NOT some fool who comes looking for him. Ffs please stop trying to convince fools that this numpty is Jesus, Father Christmas, and Einstein rolled into one. Bradley has been picked because he is the best possible opponent to hopefully make Pakow look good again after JMM made him look what he really is. One dimentional.

Man...why do you think anyone who has a different opinion to you is a "pactard"...

Anyway, for what its worth, I think Bradley has next to no chance, he just doesn't excel in any area that is going to cause him any problems. Manny won't look good in doing it, and it will get messy at times, but he'll win.

If someone thinks differently then it doesn't make them a "pactard" or a fool.

People will have varying opinions on almost every fight.

Moving and countering in itself isn't what bothers Pacquiao - with a relatively short reach, particularly at this weight, what bothers him is having to box from range.

If he can't get off his shots, then he's easy to pick off. Bradley has a couple of inches advantage, so if he was quicker or more accurate or had good head movement, then we might be in for a fight.

Manny is too accurate from short range to make this very interesting and Bradley is solid and durable, but easy to tag.

Can only see an almost shutout win for Pacquiao personally.

I wouldn't say Bradley is one-dimensional. He's a front-foot fighter, but he's cute with it, as he showed against a still relevant Junior Witter. He's a very intelligent boxer and knows how to make the necessary adjustments when things aren't going his way mid-fight. He's also hungry and I would question Pacquiao's hunger for the sport at this stage in his career.

I think Manny wins, but I would be SHOCKED if he looked good in doing so. Tough night's work, in my view.

Margarito was tough, so was Clottey, and Shane Mosley has a good chin, but when the latter 2 tasted Pakows shots they didn't want a lot more of it. Anyone saying that Bradley is tougher than Margarito is delusional, he might be slightly harder to hit, but not harder enough for it to matter.

And yes of course the moving and countering in itself is what gives Pakow problems. Why do you think he was forced to punch from out of range against JMM? Because he moved out of range, and nailed Pakow on the way in. Just look at the first EM fight, when he was only half shot. It wasn't until the last round when he knew the fight was won that he did the Mexican macho thing.

What do I think about this?

Quite frankly I couldnt care less.

Its the same with the Mayweather/Cotto fight.

They are both fine. I would have been interested in either, but the truth of the matter is that unless they get in the ring against each other I have actually lost all interest in what either fighter does.

A win for both of them doesnt further their careers in any way at all. All it does it swells their bank accounts, which is fine, just dont expect me to be interested in it.

I've been one that NEVER liked the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight AT ALL, I've always thought it an easy fight for Mayweather, and more importantly one that I thought would be flat-out DULL!!! So for me, I actually think getting two pretty good fights for the two respective P4P Leaders is possibly even better than if they did come to terms and faced each other. Of course, I'm talking just in terms of the fights themselves, and not the "Event"/Attention that May-Pac would draw.

Bradley has been cherry picked for one reason, and one reason only. It is the only way Arum ( the vermin ) and the rest of Top Rank, have a possible chance of making their cash cow look anything like invincible again after the JMM debacle.

They could have had Lamont Peterson for a kick off - he beat Khan so there's the revenge angle, but he lost to Bradley so should make an easy night for Pacquiao.

why would i order a PPV when i know its going to end in a headbutt?

I don't know how this "Bradley head butt" stories managed to gain so much notoriety and traction. To the best of my knowledge, Witter was not cut; Peterson was not cut; Abregu was not cut; and the main cut with Alexander was in fact caused by DA himself, IMO. I'm not saying one or two others have not been cut, even if unintentionally, but those I've listed were the large majority involved with Bradley in major fights.

P34c3