Clev confident Lee Selby will join him at the top

The_budweiser

Wales’ only world champion boxer Nathan Cleverly believes he won’t be alone for much longer and he’s backed Barry’s Lee Selby to join him.

Selby burst on to the scene in 2011 when he became British and Commonwealth featherweight champion by knocking out the highly touted Stephen Smith and then domestic veteran John Simpson.

Cleverly commented, “He has the potential to come as far as I have and push on now. He’s very talented and there’s no reason why not, he’s got the boxing ability and skills. I definitely think he can follow in my footsteps.”

Both aged just 24, Cleverly and Selby have shared much of their amateur days together as Cleverly recalls, “We’re the same age and we came through the amateur scene together. We were always in the Welsh championships and he was a couple of weights below me. I’ve known he’s always had class and he’s showing that in the professional ranks now and he’s coming through very well.”

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/41443-clev-confident-lee-selby-will-join-him-at-the-top.html#ixzz1lb9h80sH