Chavez/Rubio, Donaire/Vasquez results

Skav

Donaire and Chavez won by decisions, unanimous and split. I haven't seen the Donaire fight yet but Chavez looked a little reminiscent of his father. Since a lot of people were predicting a hard fight for Chavez and a possible upset, what are people's opinions of him now? I think he's the real deal.

Donaire-Vazquez was pretty good, I had Nonito winning 116-112, the knockdown in the 9th rd kind of took WV2 out of it as far as possibly edging a decision. I didn't agree at all with Harold Ledderman's making Rd 3 a 10-8 for Donaire without a knockdown, but if you did then you had it much wider than I. As for Chavez, I thought he looked pretty good, although I wonder how much longer he can continue to play games with his weight, weighing in as a Middle and fighting as a Cruiser (181 pounds before getting into the Ring). Rubio stayed right in front of him and lacked the power to hurt him, and once you discovered the answer to that question then the outcome wasn't ever much in doubt. Just like with his father, his Achilles Heel will likely be anyone with mobility and a decent punch that can hit and then pitch out to either side to extract an escape. It's no mystery how to beat his kid, it's just that the current Middleweight scene is sadly lacking. Jim Lampley was positively annoying is his desire to wave the Chavez flag, seldom acknowledging anything Rubio hit him with, or dismissing them as meaningless. To his credit, Chavez himself mentioned in the post-fight that he'd have lost to Martinez had he fought him on this night.

He's been a cruiser in the ring against Zbik and Manfredo. Them not testing him after the fight is very suss considering he has already been busted with a masking agent/Diuretic and it was very well known he'd been struggling to make the weight

Good point, he decided to shove his hand into a fan when he was meant to fight Ronald Hearns when it was well surmised that it looked like he was nowhere near the 160lb limit.

That nobody requested a urine sample is odd. That he's been boiling down for a while seems to be well-known, as Scott didn't seem at all surprised by it on the night.

Skav and Gav (hmm, I like the sound of that :))-

Jose Sulaimen had an excellent explanation for the lack of a urine sample:

Rubio’s handlers questioned the absence of anti-doping testing at fight’s end, but weren’t particularly pleased with the response. “(WBC President) Don Jose Sulaiman at the end of the fight just said we totally forgot,” Kuchle reveals of the post-fight conversation that took place between Rubio’s camp and the sanctioning body.”

Article Link http://www.boxingsce...9#ixzz1lWyZMfF2

So there you have it, they just forgot. I'm sure it could happen to anybody, and it's just a coincidence it happened with the WBC's fav. mlol/

That nobody requested a urine sample is odd. That he's been boiling down for a while seems to be well-known, as Scott didn't seem at all surprised by it on the night.

Rubio’s handlers questioned the absence of anti-doping testing at fight’s end, but weren’t particularly pleased with the response. “(WBC President) Don Jose Sulaiman at the end of the fight just said we totally forgot,” Kuchle reveals of the post-fight conversation that took place between Rubio’s camp and the sanctioning body.”

So there you have it, they just forgot. I'm sure it could happen to anybody, and it's just a coincidence it happened with the WBC's fav. mlol/

Dave, I don't buy it that they just forgot. Chavez Sr has a good friendship with Jose Sulumain. Before he fought Tszyu, he was ranked 26 at 140lb but jumped to no.1 even though he lost his previous fight and got the title shot!

Something isn't right.

Dave, I don't buy it that they just forgot. Chavez Sr has a good friendship with Jose Sulumain. Before he fought Tszyu, he was ranked 26 at 140lb but jumped to no.1 even though he lost his previous fight and got the title shot!

Something isn't right.

That was his point ;)

Right, Skav. If your name is Chavez, you can pretty much count on the WBC having your Back. Jose and the boys overlooked that loss to Willie Wise and made Sr. the mandatory for Tsyzu when most people didn't even have Chavez still in their Top 15 JWW's, and we've seen how Jr went from Interim MW Champ to Full MW Champ without Sergio Martinez coming near Jr. This forgotten urine test, it could happen to anybody..............anybody named Chavez that is grin//

Donaire vs Vasquez;

10-9

10-9

10-9

10-9

9-10

9-10

9-10

9-10

10-8

9-10

10-9

10-10

115-113

Scored Chavez vs Rubio exactly as Dave's card.

Brawler-

Don't know if you watched the HBO feed or not, but I was kind of stunned that Harold Ledderman gave the 3rd to Donaire by a 10-8 without a knockdown. He had a really good round and had Vazquez a bit stunned, but I sure didn't see it as warranting an extra point, and nobody I've talked to gave it to him eiher.

Something isn't right.

That was his point ;)

I don't think Skav picked up on my sarcasm, thanks, Gav.

Donaire vs Vasquez;

10-9

10-9

10-9

10-9

9-10

9-10

9-10

9-10

10-8

9-10

10-9

10-10

115-113

Scored Chavez vs Rubio exactly as Dave's card.

Brawler-

Don't know if you watched the HBO feed or not, but I was kind of stunned that Harold Ledderman gave the 3rd to Donaire by a 10-8 without a knockdown. He had a really good round and had Vazquez a bit stunned, but I sure didn't see it as warranting an extra point, and nobody I've talked to gave it to him eiher.

Nah i watched the boxnation coverage and none of them thought it was a dominant round...I personally thought it was close but Donaire just edged it.

10-8 would have been a nonsense. You rarely see 10-8's without a knockdown and that round was nowhere near a 10-8..

Right, Skav. If your name is Chavez, you can pretty much count on the WBC having your Back. Jose and the boys overlooked that loss to Willie Wise and made Sr. the mandatory for Tsyzu when most people didn't even have Chavez still in their Top 15 JWW's, and we've seen how Jr went from Interim MW Champ to Full MW Champ without Sergio Martinez coming near Jr. This forgotten urine test, it could happen to anybody..............anybody named Chavez that is grin//

I've actually got Chavez's head band from that loss to Wise, complete with date and all. I guess there is not much privilege owning it. mlol/