Rumours doing the rounds that Chavez was busted...

iamasadlittleboy

Scott-

Not a rumor at all any more, Chavez Jr was busted for DUI on Jan 22nd. I've never heard of a fighter that's actually IN CAMP getting caught for Drunk Driving exactly three weeks before his fight. I think that this, mixed with the fact that Texas/WBC didn't do a post fight Drug Test supposedly because Texas forgot to call and get screeners (nobody is buying that excuse), you have to wonder how big this problem is.

Scott-

Not a rumor at all any more, Chavez Jr was busted for DUI on Jan 22nd. I've never heard of a fighter that's actually IN CAMP getting caught for Drunk Driving exactly three weeks before his fight. I think that this, mixed with the fact that Texas/WBC didn't do a post fight Drug Test supposedly because Texas forgot to call and get screeners (nobody is buying that excuse), you have to wonder how big this problem is.

What are you hinting at there Dave? Could it be dope as opposed to booze, cos DUI covers everything doesn't it?

Scott-

What are you hinting at there Dave? Could it be dope as opposed to booze, cos DUI covers everything doesn't it?

according to dan rafael, it was drunk driving. it's pretty difficult to get busted for driving while high on weed, unless you were smoking in your car

Also leading on from Dave's post, there's heavy rumours that he took some sort of diuretic to make weight. Basically draining his body of water.

Sadly, this is becoming more and more widespread in Boxing.

That and "modern nutrition and supplementation" really harms the sport.

We used to have fighters who could do 15 rounds, now we have fighters who look dead on their feet after 10.

There is nothing new about this at all.

Ali used to walk around at 18 stone all bar the shouting, at the latter stage of his career. Because he simply wasn't prepared to put the work in the gym, he more or less lived on Diueretics to make weight. And that was back in the 70's.