Nathan Cleverly floored by Carol Vorderman

The_budweiser

Boxing brainbox Nathan Cleverly met his match when he came head-to-head with former Countdown queen Carol Vorderman in the ring.

The Cardiff University Maths graduate, who's preparing for his homecoming WBO World Light-Heavywight title defence on February 25th at Cardiff's Motorpoint Arena, didn't do his homework, though, and got Vorderman to put on the gloves instead at London's famous Peacock Gym this week.

Loose Women presenter Vorderman, an Honorary Fellow at Cardiff Uni, got ahead on the scorecards when she nearly KO'd Cleverly - who's never been floored in 23 fights - in a stunning red dress and killer heels before starting their session.

Cleverly got her in the ring and put her through her paces, with the feisty Welsh TV star unleashing some impressive power-packed punches.

Vorderman said, "I enjoy a bit of boxing and I might take it up properly now. Watch out the Loose Women!"

"I wouldn't mind having a few rounds with Janet Street Porter some days, but she's bigger than me and I'd get flattened by round 2, so maybe that's not such a good idea after all!"

"I think Nathan is an incredible young man. To gain a Maths degree, which is a difficult option, is hard enough. He hasn't come from a privileged background, he has done it all himself. To do that while training as hard as he did is the sign of a champ,"

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/41286-nathan-cleverly-floored-by-carol-vorderman.html#ixzz1lPqIcWkG