Khan to fight Mosley at Catchweight

WelshDevilRob

Go on, who'd of thunk it?

And here was me thinking it was because they fought for a PRIZE ( namely money, hence the word PURSE ) when in point of fact it was all to do with Catchweights. Well well you live and learn, eh?

I presume he means "it's prizefighting therefore the money comes above everything else" Not keen on that idea myself - I'd like to think there was at least some degree of glory attached to beating a top guy on equal terms, but it seems increasingly fighters don't share my view.

To quote the great Roberto " Any fighter ( pro ) who says he isn't in it for the money is either a fool, or a liar. "

That said I dont remember him making weight stips, particularly when you consider at 5' 7" with only a 66" reach once he got above Lightweight he was often the naturally smaller man.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a fairly old article now but Khan can still fuck right off if he's even thought about this match up!

He just wants to add a name to his legacy! That's all it'd be, nothing more. Shane isn't even capable of beating most B level guys anymore, he just needs to hang them up. Khan wouldn't be fit to lace a prime Sugar's gloves so he definitely doesn't deserve to pray on Shane now that he's a shell of his former self. A prime Shane sends Khan to the hospital, but not anymore i'm afraid.

Khan needs to be focusing on the prime, world level guys in and around 140-147, not a shot to shit Mosley.

Well, it looks like Mosley is going to be fighting Canelo Alvarez on the Mayweather-Cotto Card, so that should probably be Mosleys last major payday, assuming he's just showing up for a paycheck as was the case when he fought Pacquiao in his last fight. I was always a big Shane fan, but that interview after the Pac fight pissed me off and I'm not that crazy about his getting this opportunity. Maybe he'll surprise me and give the kid a fight, it's not like Canelo isn't overrated out the whazoo anyway.

I know this is a fairly old article now but Khan can still F*** right off if he's even thought about this match up!

He just wants to add a name to his legacy! That's all it'd be, nothing more. Shane isn't even capable of beating most B level guys anymore, he just needs to hang them up. Khan wouldn't be fit to lace a prime Sugar's gloves so he definitely doesn't deserve to pray on Shane now that he's a shell of his former self. A prime Shane sends Khan to the hospital, but not anymore i'm afraid.

Khan needs to be focusing on the prime, world level guys in and around 140-147, not a shot to shit Mosley.

C'mon RAZZ you and everyone else knows that even if Shane was still 34, never mind 40, Khan would only be talking about him in a fans sense, not an opponent.

With you coming from around his manor ( I assume Greater Manchestere ), you more than most should take what he says with a pinch of salt. mlol/ mlol/

The muppet.

C'mon RAZZ you and everyone else knows that even if Shane was still 34, never mind 40, Khan would only be talking about him in a fans sense, not an opponent.

With you coming from around his manor ( I assume Greater Manchestere ), you more than most should take what he says with a pinch of salt. mlol/ mlol/

The muppet.

Haha true!

It annoys me more than anything how he thinks he deserves to mention guys like Floyd and Shane.