Channel 5 Live Boxing - Feb 18th

WelshDevilRob

Aye, glad Channel 5 are investing some time into boxing, but this was a bad night to pick;

We have Chisora vs Klitschko and Sky Sports are also showing Jamie McDonnell's fight on the 18th....all 3 cards are on at roughly the same time, so I know which one I'll be tuning into!

Viewing figures probably won't be sky-high for this promotion...

Aye, glad Channel 5 are investing some time into boxing, but this was a bad night to pick;

We have Chisora vs Klitschko and Sky Sports are also showing Jamie McDonnell's fight on the 18th....all 3 cards are on at roughly the same time, so I know which one I'll be tuning into!

Too much to choose from for the committed boxing fan, but C5 will still pull in good numbers simply due to being a terrestrial channel. Casual fans, channel-surfers and proper fans who don't have digital and/or subscription channels will watch C5's broadcast.

Too much to choose from for the committed boxing fan, but C5 will still pull in good numbers simply due to being a terrestrial channel. Casual fans, channel-surfers and proper fans who don't have digital and/or subscription channels will watch C5's broadcast.

Possibly, but many boxing fans probably won't know these 2 fighters, so it's unlikely to be a huge draw for casual viewers.

They did well with their couple of Fury cards, but he was already very well known from his time on ITV on the undercards of more well known fighters.

Terrestrial TV will always get a decent audience for 2 guys fighting, because its free, just like it did in the days of Hamed. Benn. Eubank, Bruno, and McGuigan.

Britain has never hasd 15 - 20 million boxing fans. What it has had is millions of TV addicts quite prepared to watch a couple of guys have a fight, and then get to like them.