Povetkin world heavyweight title defence on Boxnation

The_budweiser

WBA World Heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin's next title defence will be televised LIVE and exclusive on the UK's first and only fight channel BoxNation (Sky Ch. 456/Virgin Ch. 546).

Unbeaten Russian Povetkin (23-0, 16 KO's) makes the second defence of his title against German hero Marco Huck (34-1, 25 KOs) at Stuttgart's Porsche-Arena in Germany on Saturday 25th February.

It will form an explosive double-header alongside Nathan Cleverly's WBO World Light-Heavyweight title defence against Tommy Karpency that will be televised LIVE from Cardiff's Motorpoint Arena earlier in the evening.

Including Robert Stieglitz's WBO World Super-Middleweight title defence last Saturday night, Povetkin v Huck will be the SEVENTH world title fight to be televised by BoxNation in the coming month. Forthcoming attractions are:

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/38247-povetkin-world-heavyweight-title-defence-on-boxnation.html#ixzz1jcv0ZLty

I'd die laughing if somehow Huck could outbox Teddy Atlas" "Champ" and take a decision, but it's just not going to happen, Huck's certainly no Heavyweight, in fact he's a medium-size Cruiser and should just stay there...............but I guess the allure of being the WBA "Regular" Champ is irresistable ;)

Huck doesn't seem the most mobile though does try and use his height to box. I think Povetkin will be able to close the gap and when he does I think we will see fireworks. I dont think Marco can cope with genuine pressure.

Agreed. I see the same thing, for a CW to upset a much heavier and more powerful HW, he really needs to have that mobility and unlike Haye or some of the others, that's not really Huck's forte. He'll have the same problem that Adamek (who's also not known for his mobility) had as a HW.

Huck said he's permanently moving up yo heavyweight, so expect him to come in pretty bulky.

He's a one-trick pony though. His left hook is almost the only punch he throws in some fights.

While he has managed a lot of success with it, any fighter with half a brain will see what he's going to throw before he throws it.

If Povetkin is the real deal, he'll walk through Huck.