Kennedy vs Martin on FNF's last night

Caught up with this fight today , it would have been a cracker for my blog as it was a very hard fight to score. I scored the fight 96-94 Kennedy although the draw OR a Martin win would have been more than acceptable.

Most of the rounds were very very close , it got me thinking of a thread i read on another forum asking if you favoured a "workrate" fighter or a fighter that "picks" his punches better.

Hopefully there is a rematch but i can see both guys moving on with this as it wont hurt thier IBF ranking...Kennedy 7 , Martin 10.

Here my scorecard which i wil add to my blog on a seperate article covering the FNF's...

10-9 Martin

9-10 Kennedy

9-10 Kennedy

10-9 Martin

9-10 Kennedy

10-9 Martin

9-10 Kennedy

9-10 Kennedy

10-9 Martin

9-10 Kennedy...............96-94 Kennedy

ps: the Cuban guy on the undercard looks like he has all the tools to go really far but his workrate needs to be alot better though. Almarez put up a great effort though. I scored the fight 79-72 Ugas

Re: Kennedy vs Martin on FNF's last night

Caught up with this fight today , it would have been a cracker for my blog as it was a very hard fight to score. I scored the fight 96-94 Kennedy although the draw OR a Martin win would have been more than acceptable.

Most of the rounds were very very close , it got me thinking of a thread i read on another forum asking if you favoured a "workrate" fighter or a fighter that "picks" his punches better.

Hopefully there is a rematch but i can see both guys moving on with this as it wont hurt thier IBF ranking...Kennedy 7 , Martin 10.

Here my scorecard which i wil add to my blog on a seperate article covering the FNF's...

10-9 Martin

9-10 Kennedy

9-10 Kennedy

10-9 Martin

9-10 Kennedy

10-9 Martin

9-10 Kennedy

9-10 Kennedy

10-9 Martin

9-10 Kennedy...............96-94 Kennedy

ps: the Cuban guy on the undercard looks like he has all the tools to go really far but his workrate needs to be alot better though. Almarez put up a great effort though. I scored the fight 79-72 Ugas

FS-

I had 97-93. We have the exact same scorecard, with the only difference being the 6th round, which I gave to Kennedy and you gave to Martin.

http://www.fightjudge.com/user/DaveMurphy/755/scorecard.png

cheers dave i saw your score on fightjudge...it was a good fight by 2 well matched boxers

Yeah, I thought Kennedy did enough to win, but it was close enough that I didn't think a Draw was out of line, hopefully they'll have these two young guys do it again.

Lets be fair, had one of them lost it could have been the end for them (apparently the promoter, I think Top Rank, would have cut the loser)

Yeah, I thought Kennedy did enough to win, but it was close enough that I didn't think a Draw was out of line, hopefully they'll have these two young guys do it again.

Lets be fair, had one of them lost it could have been the end for them (apparently the promoter, I think Top Rank, would have cut the loser)

Both guys are relatively young and had suffered only one loss, and can certainly make money on the ESPN-level even if they don't advance, if Top Rank can't see that (and it's entirely possible they have their heads in the clouds and actually can't) then there's a slew of mid-level promoters that would gladly take either one off TR's hands.