Warren eyes Summer smasher for Cleverly

The_budweiser

Promoter Frank Warren has planned a big year for Welsh star Nathan Cleverly that could include a title defence at Cardiff City's ground in the summer followed by a unification showdown in September.

The WBO World Light-Heavyweight Champion from Cefn Fforest must first defends his title for the third time on Saturday 25th February at Cardiff's Motorpoint Arena against American Tommy Karpency, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 456/Virgin Ch. 546).

Hall of Fame promoter Warren has staged spectacular outdoor shows with Naseem's Hamed world title fight against Steve Robinson at Cardiff Arms Park and more recently Joe Calzaghe's super-middleweight unification showdown against Mikkel Kessler at the Millennium Stadium.

Warren said that former two-time WBC World Super-Middleweight Champion Carl Froch would be an ideal opponent for Cleverly at the famous Cardiff City Stadium.

"I would like to see Nathan fight again in early June at Cardiff City's ground in a big open-air show and if Carl Froch wants to step up a weight and fight him then I'd take that fight in a heartbeat, he's made for Nathan," Said Warren.

"Then I'd be looking for Nathan to have a unification fight hopefully in September against one of the other title holders,"

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/37403-warren-eys-summer-smasher-at-cardiff-city-for-nathan-cleverly.html#ixzz1jAWW5Dmp