Pacquiao to fight Mayweather at end of May ? not the 5th

The_budweiser

Here comes the bullshit train." Jump aboard in the Phillipines folks, and go all the way to America."

So Mayweather has had the MGM booked since last Oct / Nov, and Arum wants to alter the venue. Next he'll try and convince us the folks at MGM will say Thats OK Mr Mayweather , you just walk away and leave us with nothing, but come back again if it suits you.

Arum will do anything to scupper the fight.

I like the way Bob has just ignored the offer to build a 40,000 seat outdoor Arena when he talked about MGM Grand being "too small" and so he jumps over to playing games with the Date. The poor man is desperate to find any excuse he can, maybe we should run a contest "Bob's Best Excuse" and give Prizes to the winner because he's not doing a very good job on his own anymore.

Here comes the B*lls**t train." Jump aboard in the Phillipines folks, and go all the way to America."

So Mayweather has had the MGM booked since last Oct / Nov, and Arum wants to alter the venue. Next he'll try and convince us the folks at MGM will say Thats OK Mr Mayweather , you just walk away and leave us with nothing, but come back again if it suits you.

And on the flipside. Mayweather and his people book a date, venue and sort out TV without mentioning it to Arum, Pacquiao till AFTER. The truth is that they did all that regardless of the opponent but rather cos they knew it would push back when Pretty Boy went to serve his sentence. I agree Arum doesnt want this fight but a few statements on Facebook from Floyd mean little.

Here comes the B*lls**t train." Jump aboard in the Phillipines folks, and go all the way to America."

And on the flipside. Mayweather and his people book a date, venue and sort out TV without mentioning it to Arum, Pacquiao till AFTER. The truth is that they did all that regardless of the opponent but rather cos they knew it would push back when Pretty Boy went to serve his sentence. I agree Arum doesnt want this fight but a few statements on Facebook from Floyd mean little.

I honestly do not understand the first part of your argument Rob. It's however been established without an iota of doubt that had Mayweather not already booked the MGM for that date, Arum would have in a heartbeat. Hell, Arum was mighty glad and was already professing he'd hold Pacquiao-Marquesz IV at the venue for that date once Mayweather was sentenced and it seemed Mayweather would not be able to hold the MGM for that date. So there should be no beef towards Mayweather on this issue. TBH, Mayweather just out-foxed the old man - again.

P34c3

It's however been established without an iota of doubt that had Mayweather not already booked the MGM for that date, Arum would have in a heartbeat. Hell, Arum was mighty glad and was already professing he'd hold Pacquiao-Marquesz IV at the venue for that date once Mayweather was sentenced and it seemed Mayweather would not be able to hold the MGM for that date. So there should be no beef towards Mayweather on this issue. TBH, Mayweather just out-foxed the old man - again.

P34c3

----- Heh, heh, Manny's quoted schedule and opponents has long been established as some future date in the Philippines against the same 4 opponents mentioned in dozens of press releases.

Floydy's reprobate brigade makes up little porkies. Yeah, everyone's granny knew Floydy personally booked the May 5th MGM date with his own funds, not Golden Boy. Yeah, everyone's granny knew Floydy was up for sentencing and may not be able to make the date, and all of a sudden he throws himself at the mercy of the court declaring he will be the first ever bankrupt billionaire boy if he can't fulfill his contractual obligations, and the court grants him a temporary stay.

And suddenly Manny and Arum are supposed to drop the month long negotiations between the prospective 4 opponents and hop to Floydy's demands and sign a blank contract for him to fill out?

Reminds of the poor miscreant in his last minutes some 40 years ago: As the pellet dropped into the container, and the gas curled upward, through the microphone came these words: “Save me, Joe Louis. Save me, Joe Louis. Save me, Joe Louis.”

Fast forward 70 years and we have “Save me, Manny Pacquiao. Save me, Manny Pacquiao. Save me, Manny Pacquiao.”

Psalms of Alms for Floydy:

Nay, as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Manny, I fear no punches as my desperate pleas for help reverberate throughout the valley back to me to warm my cuckolded cockles.

Father Bob and Manny are my staff and rod and shall not forsake me in my time of need, so give it up suckers and lets fight punk. I'm a professional prize fighter fighting because my entourage of leeches, the government, and my lawyers have sucked me dry and that stud Canelo wants too much money and the Ghost won't do my numbers..........let's do it PUNK!

If Pacquirio believes he has the winning of this fight...he'll go along with it. Floyd has presented an opportunity, it's a bit of a nark with the demands but still...if it's gonna happen, i think this might be the only chance. Will Manny call, what i think, is Floyd's bluff.

So which is it then oh all seeing one? ( LRR )

1. Is Mayweather an idiot for booking a venue when he could have got jail time?

2. Or is he a clever bastard for knowing he could convince the judge to postpone the jail time?

It cant be both, even for someone with as pathological a hatred for the Mayweather family as you.

I suspect they picked the date with a pretty good assumption that "Money would talk" and the Judge would listen, not letting a major moneymaker for the community disappear. Judges are, after all, still politicians and she does face the voters.

I more or less gathered that Dave, but I reckon he thought that as he pled No Contest, and it was reduced to a misdemeanour he figured he might get a large slap on the wrist, a heavy fine, an anger management course and some community work perhaps.

I dont think he thought he would actually get jail time even if half of it was suspended.

IMO he should have got 3 years, because he keeps attacking women, but thats just my opinion.

I hope they both die a tragic death!

I'm normally a reasonable person, but this sorry and drawn out 3 year saga is just a massive joke.

With all the money they could each make, how can they each remain so fucking stubborn. Things will never get done without compromise. These two have got so used to being the fighter making the demands the don't know the meaning of compromise.

So for all their richness and ability, their pettiness and unwillingness to make it happen is reason enough for me to wish death upon them and we can all just move on from this sorry mess.

Cunts.

I suspect they picked the date with a pretty good assumption that "Money would talk" and the Judge would listen, not letting a major moneymaker for the community disappear. Judges are, after all, still politicians and she does face the voters.

I more or less gathered that Dave, but I reckon he thought that as he pled No Contest, and it was reduced to a misdemeanour he figured he might get a large slap on the wrist, a heavy fine, an anger management course and some community work perhaps.

I dont think he thought he would actually get jail time even if half of it was suspended.

IMO he should have got 3 years, because he keeps attacking women, but thats just my opinion.

McBride-

Sadly, I think where Floyd really screwed up was when he blew off a couple court dates and didn't even bother to show up. If he hadn't done that, then I don't know that she'd have even given him the sentence she did.

Just like with O.J. Simpson (O.J. the Garbage Truck Driver would be in Prison for Double Homicide, O.J. the Rich ex-Football Player that could afford a team of Lawyers to manipulate the system walked away free), had Floyd shown just a little bit more contrition, he'd have probably got by with some kind of electronic monitoring device, if that.

If Law & Order is in any way a realistic representation of the American legal system, I think the actual sentence is negotiated with the distract attorney before the plea is given.

Gav-

Sadly, L&O is spot on. You saw the half-interested Asst D.A. listening to Mayweather's Lawyers Bullshit about the May 5th Date saving Las Vegas from a medieval-like existence and didn't hear her say a word. Her Boss the District Attorney I'm sure was in on this agreement before last Friday.

Then lets hope that Cotto as a free agent tells Arum he is gonna weigh in at 154, and f&&k your boy and what he can or cant manage to weigh.

When are people going to realise it is NOT any other fighters fault if this little runt isn't big enough to compete with them within the FULL rules?

I have no interest in the Cotto rematch.

There are FAR better fights out there for both fighters.

F*ck recycling the people Pacquiao has already beaten.

This isn't much better than if Mayweather decided to fight Carlos Baldomir again ffs...

It shouldn't even be an option.

Cotto has Alvarez, Williams...even Bundrage, Trout, Maritrosyan would be good opponents.

The Pacquiao rematch serves absolutely no purpose at all.

Duwdu - I think London Ring Rules has explained what I was saying. Though not sure why you didn't understand.

Unfortunately, I've long determined that reading that folk's posts is not good for my sanity, LOL. Thus if I missed something tangible there, so be it.

P34c3

Join the club duwdu. I just get the impression he goes off in unintelligible rants against the Mayweather family and invents garbage to convince himself that the current highest selling PPV fighter somehow needs Pakow to make a living.

Hell why not just copy the Fillipino and rematch someone he's already comprehensively beaten. Marquez might be good seeing as how he seems to have grown into the 140+ weight comfortably. lol//