Your Top 5 UK prospects?

WelshDevilRob

• 1 month later...

I'll presume this means Irish fighters too.

I'd say the top 5 are:

1. Kell Brook

2. Carl Frampton

3. David Price

4. Scott Quigg

5. George Groves

James DeGale, Tyson Fury, Frankie Gavin, Joe Murray, Martin Murray, Billy Joe Saunders, Stephen Smith and a load of others are worth keeping an eye on too.

1. Carl Frampton

2. David Price

3. Billy Joe Saunders

4. Bradley Skeete

5. Frank Buglioni

I don't really class Brook as a "prospect" any more so haven't included him. Don't fancy Gavin, Quigg, Groves to make much of a splash at world level. Gavin is good, but has far too many distractions outside of the ring. Groves and Quigg simply don't have the talent to go all the way imo.

It's early days for Skeete and Buglioni, but generally, I like what I've seen so far. Skeete isn't really a finisher and doesn't put his height and reach to the best effect yet, but still has plenty of time to make the adjustments needed. Buglioni wasn't exceptional last time out, but still looks the part.

David Price

Billy Joe Saunders

Joe Selkirk

Adam Etches

Liam Walsh

Also worthing adding Mark and Ronnie Hefron, Joe Murray, Kevin Satchell and Eubank Jr.

RE: Frank Buglioni I'm a huge fan of him...but I can't help but think he'll struggle when he steps up as he really is too open

*I've not included the likes of Brook, Fury, Groves, DeGale, Gavin ETC for conscious reasons, it's not that I've forgotten them.

Some New prospects to look forward too.

Chris Eubank Jr (1-0) No introduction needed.

John Thain (5-0) Scottish/Filopino fighter has Scottish father and Filipino mother, stays in Edinburgh.

Liam Williams (1-0) Vince Cleverlys fighter who has a good amatuer career.

Ryan Burnett (0-0) Irish fighter who just signed with Hatton Promotions, had a really good amatuer Career.

Not sure on the age, as I still count the likes of Brook as a prospect as hes achieved nothing yet.

Brook has been a pro for almost 8 years and became British Champion almost 4 years ago.

He may not have progressed as much as some people would have liked since then, but it's difficult to call an 8 year pro with 26 fights under his belt "a prospect".

Age isn't really a factor, it's all in terms of experience whether a boxer can still be considered a prospect imo...

Brook has been a pro for almost 8 years and became British Champion almost 4 years ago.

He may not have progressed as much as some people would have liked since then, but it's difficult to call an 8 year pro with 26 fights under his belt "a prospect".

Age isn't really a factor, it's all in terms of experience whether a boxer can still be considered a prospect imo...

He may be a 8 year pro but I still see him as a prospect as hes coming from UK and yet to enter the world stage and be tested at that level "World Prospect".