Stieglitz world title defence live on Boxnation

The_budweiser

The New Home of Boxing, BoxNation (Sky Ch. 456, Virgin Ch. 546), have added another world title fight to its exciting schedule, Robert Stieglitz's WBO World Super-Middleweight title defence against Henry Weber next Saturday (14th January) from Germany.

The UK's only fight dedicated subscription channel now has FIVE world title fights in the coming months all live and exclusive with more to be added:

Friday 20th January - Derry Mathews v Emiliano Marsili (IBO World Lightweight Championship)

Saturday 18th February - Vitali Klitschko v Dereck Chisora (WBC World Heavyweight Championship)

Saturday 25th February - Nathan Cleverly v Tommy Karpency (WBO World Light-Heavyweight Championship)

Saturday 10th March - Ricky Burns (WBO World Lightweight Championship)

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/36733-stieglitz-world-title-defence-live-on-boxnation.html#ixzz1imb0Gf8b

Weber is an appalling opponent absolutely dreadful...but it's merely a keep busy fight for the under-rated Stieglitz. But counting an Ibo title fight as a world title?

It's all well and great having higher profile fights but can we now start having some bouts which aren't mismatches?

Saturday 14th January - Robert Stieglitv v Henry Weber (WBO World Super Middleweight Championship)-Stiegltiz is 1/19 Weber 9/1

Friday 20th January - Derry Mathews v Emiliano Marsili (IBO World Lightweight Championship) Matthews is 7/19 Marsili is 5/2

Saturday 18th February - Vitali Klitschko v Dereck Chisora (WBC World Heavyweight Championship) Klitschko is 1/10 and Chisora is 10/1

Saturday 25th February - Nathan Cleverly v Tommy Karpency (WBO World Light-Heavyweight Championship) Cleverly is 1/25 Karpency is 11/1

Scott-

In fairness to BoxNation, there's not a whole lot of truly competitive stuff coming up in Jan.-Feb in which to cover. The Boxing Year is getting off to kind of a sluggish start. The real litmus test for BN will be seeing what they cover when the Action starts to pick up as we head into the Spring.

Also the card features Kubrat Pulev vs Michael Sprott and Arthur Abraham's Middleweight return against a once defeated fighter.

It's a decent nights boxing, though all bouts are pretty one-sided.

A TV network can only show the bouts that are made....you seem to have a major beef with Box Nation iama?

You're having a downer on anything they show and even bouts that are nothing to do with them?

Also the card features Kubrat Pulev vs Michael Sprott and Arthur Abraham's Middleweight return against a once defeated fighter.

It's a decent nights boxing, though all bouts are pretty one-sided.

A TV network can only show the bouts that are made....you seem to have a major beef with Box Nation iama?

You're having a downer on anything they show and even bouts that are nothing to do with them?

Sprott was a late replacement for Bidenko so I can't complain about that but did you even see the loss of Farias's? (The video has been posted in this forum, he was DQ'd for a cheap shot on Jose Clavero). As you say all 1 sided bouts.

A TV network can indeed only show matches that are made...so why wasn't Hosono/Caballero and Solis/Uchiyama high on their packing order? (It was on both Panamanian TV and Japanese TV and included 2 very solid world title fights). They are showing bouts, therefore it has something to do with them. I don't like boxing fans being fleeced for mismatches when good solid matches are completely ignored.

Fights coming up:

Rigondeaux v Ramos (Competitive even if I do heavily favour Rigo)

Chavez v Rubio/Donaire v Montiel (I do expect them to sign this one up)

Alexander v Maidana/Broner v Perez (again I'd like to think they would snap this up)

Luis Alberto Lazarte v Jonriel Casimero (this will be on TYC Sports so it's not like they can't buyt it off them)

Berto v Ortiz II (I imagine someone will get the UK rights)

Arce v Parra II (When has Arce been in a stinker?...)

Williams v Ishida

Whilst it's a mismatch Vazquez v Diaz would make sense (help build the profile of the IBF champion for a fight with Burns)

I'd also have thought they should be getting the Hamburg card (Jan 28th) with Chakhiev v Kotlobay, the Frankfurt card (Fabruary 5th) with Hernandez v Cunningham II.

All the above are before March 1st so their is a LOT of good stuff on.

If you want to create the "home of boxing" you don't stick it on subscription (further alienating the sport) you don't fill you schedule with mismatches (no matter how high profile) and you don't try and fool hardcore fans into thinking you're there for the good of the sport. Things like Cleverly v Kaperncy are complete bull and the promoter should be pulled up for it, this is the sort of thing Sky got sick of and helped turn people away from the sport.

What is often blamed for killing the popularity of boxing is "Sky" and "mismatches" all box nation have done is add more to the cost of watching the sport and given themselves a free license to show mismatches whilst avoiding. So yes, your right I do have beef with it, it's a cash grab nothing more.