Super 6 - fight chat (Spoliers)

The_budweiser

Ive never rated taylor. I think he needs to have a look at himself.. Is that 4 losses out the last 5?

He's been hurt badly as well. Those KO's take thier tole after a few...

AA looked ok i thought, he never starts strongly and has a great defence. When he does connect he tends to hurt as well.

Taylor won the earlier rounds by being busier but never really got through the guard of Arthur.

As the fight wore on AA imposed himself more and seemed the stronger fighter throughout and he landed the heavier shots.

Taylor was almost taken out in round 9 by a righthand and did well to survive and compose himself.

In the 12th I thought it was going to the cards and wham! That right hand was like a bullet shot.

Abraham got 2 points for the win and a bonus point for the Ko. I can't see Taylor fighting again though he may fancy his chances against Dirrell or Ward next.

Dirrell win or lose tonight is scheduled to fight Arthur Abraham next.

i hope taylor is going to be OK, he may want to withdraw after that brutal KO. abraham looked good in the second half like he normally does.

froch looked like hatton & mayorga's love child tonight... dirty tactics and no skill. i didnt score it but i felt like dirrell won, i gotta re-watch it & score it.

i hope taylor is going to be OK, he may want to withdraw after that brutal KO. abraham looked good in the second half like he normally does.

froch looked like hatton & mayorga's love child tonight... dirty tactics and no skill. i didnt score it but i felt like dirrell won, i gotta re-watch it & score it.

To say he fought dirty is unfair...Dirrel did'nt want to fight at all, he hit and held and was lifting his elbow in the clinch, Froch was closing him down and as soon as he was starting to offload he was held again!! I'd say a draw may have been fair but Froch was the aggressor and that will have stood out a mile....and anyways if you are making comparisons for Carl....hows about comparing Dirrell to B'HUG

last night

Last nights fights.

Taylor v Abrahams- slow start from abrahams with taylor winning 3 out of first 4 rounds but never looked a danger,it was though abrahams knew he would win the fight.After round 5 abrahams stepped up a gear and quitely impressed me taking over the fight knowing Taylor wasnt a danger.Abrahams unlucky not to finish it in 9th with taylor hanging on.Great punch in last to ko taylor.

My Verdict- Abrahams going to be hard to beat,time for taylor to retire

Froch v Direll-What a let down this fight was,for me u cant win a title the way Dirrell fought, from the opening bell all he did was keep out of distance,run,and hold ,throwing the odd counter.Froch was no better, looking more and more frustrated at not been able to catch his opponent but never took any chances in doing so.i scored the fight 6 rounds each but with Dirrell getting a point taken off him the decision to froch by 1 point

My Verdict- both have to improve if they are going to win this tournament

andre dirrell - alot of people are saying his tactics were terrible,poor,boring. but i think his tactics were spot on he used his abilty to the max, fast footwork, great body movement to avoid frochs shots, hand speed, counter punching. why stand there and trade punch after punch when your up against a power puncher?. i was surprised to see froch wobbled twice with dirrell shots. he silenced the crowd all night due to froch not being able to land a shot.

carl froch - dirrell made him look 1 dimensional all night long, he had no plan B. carl should of thrown a few feint shots then caught him when he moved away, but he was just throwing bombs all night long that dirrell read from the first bell.

the decision - i dont know how froch won this, u cant win rounds by aggression if you cant land a shot. dirrell on the other hand was landing when he attacked and avoiding frochs shots with his fast footwork and head movement (good defence). i had direll winning the fight by 5 rounds, was too easy for dirrell

the referee - very weak ref, i agree with dirrells point deduction he was pushing down alot and grabbing very high, but froch should of had a point off aswell he was holding guys back down while punhing him on the head repeatedly, this ref cant ref in the super 6 again.

andre dirrell - alot of people are saying his tactics were terrible,poor,boring. but i think his tactics were spot on he used his abilty to the max, fast footwork, great body movement to avoid frochs shots, hand speed, counter punching. why stand there and trade punch after punch when your up against a power puncher?. i was surprised to see froch wobbled twice with dirrell shots. he silenced the crowd all night due to froch not being able to land a shot.

carl froch - dirrell made him look 1 dimensional all night long, he had no plan B. carl should of thrown a few feint shots then caught him when he moved away, but he was just throwing bombs all night long that dirrell read from the first bell.

the decision - i dont know how froch won this, u cant win rounds by aggression if you cant land a shot. dirrell on the other hand was landing when he attacked and avoiding frochs shots with his fast footwork and head movement (good defence). i had direll winning the fight by 5 rounds, was too easy for dirrell

the referee - very weak ref, i agree with dirrells point deduction he was pushing down alot and grabbing very high, but froch should of had a point off aswell he was holding guys back down while punhing him on the head repeatedly, this ref cant ref in the super 6 again.

Finally someone who saw the same fight as me! No doubt Dirrell fought a better fight than Froch did... Dirrell deserved the win and the decision pissed me off... Bud very good comments btw!

Finally someone who saw the same fight as me! No doubt Dirrell fought a better fight than Froch did... Dirrell deserved the win and the decision pissed me off... Bud very good comments btw!

I can't agree at all..I had Froch by a round and at the very least the fight was drawn!!

Aggression....and scoring off taking the initiative in a fight are the one thing that sticks out a mile to judges who see a fighter scoring and spoiling by continually holding because he wants to steal a fight and not take a fight, Carl was landing more, but Dirrell was landing much better quality which usually equates to a lot of rounds being either hard to score or drawn!!

The disappointing thing was Dirrell clearly had great skill and fantastic movement but spoiled the fight because he feared being caught with a big shot off Froch...This could have been an excellent fight, but turned out to be a little dull because of it....Lets face it...he never did enough to take a Champions title!

froch a big disapointment

Last night Carl Froch went down in my estimation.He keeps saying what a great fighter he is but looked lost and he seemed very one dimensional in trying to track Dirrell down.

Surely Froch wasnt expecting Dirrell to stand toe to toe with him.

Great fighters can combat all styles from there opponents but im not sure Froch can now.

As for him beating Calzaghe, its a good job Calzaghe retired because it wouldnt have been a contest

CARL FROCH YOULL NEVER BE IN CALZAGHE"S CLASS

I scored the fight 1 round to Dirrell and whatever way he reached that score he was ahead on my card, I do agree with Froch that Dirrell just ran and came to spoil.

It was not the robbery some people are talking about, the rounds were close and it was whether you scored the aggressor or the flashy punches Dirrell threw from time to time. I would not have complained at a split either way or a draw to be honest, I haven't watched the fight back and from memory I think the first 3 rounds were probably even, if you score those 10-9 to the aggressor Froch was way ahead.

I agree with what someone else sadi though, great fighters find a way to draw people into their fight, Hopkins always seems to get people to fight his fight and then he is competetive, Froch needed to cut the ring off and unload more on Dirrell, take him out of his comfort zone and have a go at him. When Froch roughed him up a bit Dirrell was constantly complaining and was taken out of his stride, more of that was needed, rather than stalking him and looking for the big shot, there were times when Froch had him in the corner and was waiting too long giving Dirrell the chance to slip out or throw a combo and back Froch up.

He's gonna need to improve a lot to get near to Kessler or Abraham.

Exactly rob....if you are going to get a decision away from home you need to be winning the rounds clearly...but to many of them were open to interpretation...add Dirrell's reluctance to actually fight to the equation and you are left with a bout that could have swung either way!

For me Carl done enough!

I can't agree at all..I had Froch by a round and at the very least the fight was drawn!!

Aggression....and scoring off taking the initiative in a fight are the one thing that sticks out a mile to judges who see a fighter scoring and spoiling by continually holding because he wants to steal a fight and not take a fight, Carl was landing more, but Dirrell was landing much better quality which usually equates to a lot of rounds being either hard to score or drawn!!

The disappointing thing was Dirrell clearly had great skill and fantastic movement but spoiled the fight because he feared being caught with a big shot off Froch...This could have been an excellent fight, but turned out to be a little dull because of it....Lets face it...he never did enough to take a Champions title!

mofo i cant believe u said froch landed more, were we watching a different fight? froch was for the majority throwing air shots. dirrels shots were more eye catching because they landed in 3/4/5 then he was out of there before froch throw another air punch. i think dirrell defo put a blueprint down to other fighters on how to beat froch.

Gionna be honest guys, by 245 in the morning id drank enough Jack d to make my scores irrelevant and we had a big derby nr me yesterday so i havent had chance ton watch the fight again yet.

I'll stick by my earlier comments on AA v Taylor. (I'd only consumed half a bottle by then) Taylor will not go anywhere in this tourny. Or in the division on a whole. He's weak and couldnt get anywhere near AA. Ok hew won the first few rounds as he was a lot busier but lets be honest none of the punches hurt AA. Mostly hitting his guard which AA is very good at.

Froch fight i thought it was one of the worst ive seen this yr, i havent scored it though would not of been surprised if it had gone the other way. If it had been in the USA how do you think the result would of gone? That being said he came to the Champs back yard and probaly didnt do quite enough to sway things.

Froch hasnt convinced me that he's gonna win this tourny im afraid, and as a Froch fan thats dissapointing.

i watched dirrell-froch again... i scored it 115-112 for dirrell, based on the fact that dirrell consistently landed the clean shots on froch. froch's idea of defense was apparently using his head to block the shots. most of the punches froch landed on dirrell were illegal or on the gloves or elbows. still, dirrell should have sat down on his punches instead of jumping around and clinching like a mixture of junior witter and john ruiz.

so yeah, a clear win for dirrell... froch got lucky with the judges (and the ref).

what i dont get, is how people say "dirrell ran so he didnt deserve to win" or "dirrell fought negatively so he didnt deserve to win"

well.... froch didnt cut off the ring and couldnt land hardly any clean shots so how does he deserve to win?

dirrell landed the cleaner, more effective shots, and used the ring to his advantage --- thats what you score on. froch failed at all three categories.

just my opinion...

what i dont get, is how people say "dirrell ran so he didnt deserve to win" or "dirrell fought negatively so he didnt deserve to win"

well.... froch didnt cut off the ring and couldnt land hardly any clean shots so how does he deserve to win?

dirrell landed the cleaner, more effective shots, and used the ring to his advantage --- thats what you score on. froch failed at all three categories.

just my opinion...

I have the same opinion m8! imo Dirrell clearly won this fight and Froch, as u said, failed to impose himself in the ring...

haha

just my opinion...

I have the same opinion m8! imo Dirrell clearly won this fight and Froch, as u said, failed to impose himself in the ring...

how can you cut off the ring against road runner? dirrell was sprinting at times and when froch got closed dirrell would leap onto him and hug him like a dog shagging your leg mlol/ dirrell is a joke.the cobra is the man.2010 is the year of th cobra. froch will ko kessler in late january