I only have one goal. I want to be world champion again

The_budweiser

Arthur Abraham "I only have one goal. I want to be world champion again"

Former IBF Middleweight Champion & Super Six World Boxing Classic semi-finalist King Arthur Abraham (32-3, 26 KOs) returns on January 14 when he takes on Pablo Farias (19-1, 11 KOs) in Offenburg, Germany. Boxing-online.com has caught up with the 31-year-old.

Q: Arthur, January is not a popular fight date for most boxers because it means that you have to train through the Christmas and the New Year festivities. What was it like for you?

AA: “I trained all the time. No matter whether it was Saturday, Sunday, Christmas or New Year´s Day – I did not miss a single training session. On the days when Ulli Wegner was not available, his assistant Georg Bramowski took care of me. I did not complain about the hard training. It´s part of an athlete’s life. It´s not that bad to skip the sweets and the good food during Christmas time.”

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/36244-arthur-abraham-qi-only-have-one-goal-i-want-to-be-world-champion-againq.html#ixzz1ibmeO7Hb

With the fragmented titles out there, he is likely to be a champion again. Who is this Pablo guy?

24 year old Argentinian Pablo Oscar Natalio Farias is 19-1 (11) as a professional. He is known as pokemon and often fights as a Super Middleweight/Light Heavyweight (though has been as high as 179). In his last fight he was dropped by Jose Alberto Clavero before getting himself disqualified...Clavero is the most notable name on his record and was stopped last year by Periban in 2 rounds! He has held a couple of Latino straps at though shouldn't be difficult for Abraham to beat.

Abraham getting a title...I can't see it myself, despite being fragmented as hell their is some real talent at 160 and 168

I don't like Abraham's chances of regaining a Belt either, I think the Super Six robbed him of his confidence and it also provided a pretty good blueprint on how to beat him that anyone who's good enough to own one of the MW belts SHOULD be able to follow and be successful with. Despite just being 32 (Birthday coming up Feb 2nd) I think he's "had his time" and it's just downhill from here.