thoughts on kevin mitchell

first off thanks james tonks....prob seems to be fixed now

i have the feeling that after todays news that frank warren is trying very hard to make kevin mitchell the wbo lightweight champion.

the news today says that mitchell vs burns will probably take place in west ham..mitchells home area

i think this means that frank warren feels like mitchell willmake him more money than burns , i hope burns demands the fight in glasgow although im not sure what happens with a purse bid as both are promoted by warren.

I quite like the Burns vs Mitchell match-up and hope it happens. I favour Burns to win and hope he insists on the show taking part in Scotland.

I like the idea of Burns making a Defense in Scotland and also taking the Mitchell fight, if Burns decides to kill both those Birds with one stone, that's fine but I don't want to see him travel.

Don't think this fight is happening for either fighter next but think it will happen in 2012.

June in Upton Park. Both will have tune-up fights before then.

Rios is apparently targeting Mitchell again, and I really hope Mitchell takes the fight, though I seriously doubt Warren lets him anywhere near.

Don't think this fight is happening for either fighter next but think it will happen in 2012.

June in Upton Park. Both will have tune-up fights before then.

Rios is apparently targeting Mitchell again, and I really hope Mitchell takes the fight, though I seriously doubt Warren lets him anywhere near.

After the weigh-in shenanigans before the Murray fight, I would hope that Rios moves up to 140.

Rios/Mitchell wont be happening anytime soon, what with Rios moving up and Mitchell being comfortable at his heavier weight.

As for a Burns fight, it will almost certainly happen.

I dont think it really matters where the fight happens but I had heard the rumours of Upton Park and that would make for a good event.

Good fight. I'd pick Mitchell, hes a vastly underated talent who needs to get his arse in to gear outside the ring in my opinion, but its by no means one sided.

I think Burns beats most of the lightweight division at the moment to be honest - winning the belt at superfeather gave him much more confidence in his abilities and the Katsidis win should leave him with a real swagger to him. I just wish he wouldn't piss his momentum up the wall.