Italian news

Crusader

Next March Leo Bundu will defend his euro-title at 147lbs for the first time. The always exciting Leo won the belt in 2011 and will now take on dangerous and everlasting contender Gianluca Branco, the euro clash was staging in one historical italian location, the Sport Palace of Brescia (the house of warriors as Sante Amonti & Natale Vezzoli).

On the undercards Brunet Zamora and Matteo Modugno

Yes i go, it's a very good card for our boxing, don't miss
Are you covering it for anyone? (writing) Do you think it would be possible to cover it for ringnews24?

I'm sorry but I have no time to write something in the following days, Saturday i work and Sunday i have my football team that plays, unfortunately it is for these reasons that a couple of years I do not write more for Fightnews !!

• 4 weeks later...

OPI 2000 announce the vacant WBC Silver World cruiserweight championship between Italians and former World champions Giacobbe Fragomeni (WBC #2) and Silvio Branco (WBC #4). The fight will take place on March 17 in Pavia.

The co-feature bouts will see two young guns and italian top prospect, Luca “Black Mamba” Giacon (18-0, 17 KOs) defend his European Union title against Polish Krzysztof Szot (15-1-1, 5 KOs) and Antonio “Big” Moscatiello (13-0, 9 KOs) fights for the vacant Italian welterweight title (some items may say Daniel Petrucci as co-challenger)....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: Italian news

Next March Leo Bundu will defend his euro-title at 147lbs for the first time. The always exciting Leo won the belt in 2011 and will now take on dangerous and everlasting contender Gianluca Branco, the euro clash was staging in one historical italian location, the Sport Palace of Brescia (the house of warriors as Sante Amonti & Natale Vezzoli).

On the undercards Brunet Zamora and Matteo Modugno

Gianluca Branco has today withdraw from his scheduled fight with Leonard Bundu due to injury, Bundu is still looking to fight on the same date against Branco team-mate Antonio Moscatiello (Fragomeni nephew )

In the undercard, the giant Matteo Modugno will fight with the expert Ado Buharalja

Crusader how do you rate Giacon?

The Black mamba is the best prospect of Italian Boxing, in some circumstances it reminds me the unforgettable Giovanni Parisi, he was a pure jewel, quick fighter with good punch in both hands, excellent boxing skills and always exciting, the Panama born Giacon, has the looks, the charisma, the size, the ability and the physical and mental toughness required to go all the way and might now be ready for an European major title.

OPI 2000 announce the vacant WBC Silver World cruiserweight championship between Italians and former World champions Giacobbe Fragomeni (WBC #2) and Silvio Branco (WBC #4). The fight will take place on March 17 in Pavia.

The co-feature bouts will see two young guns and italian top prospect, Luca “Black Mamba” Giacon (18-0, 17 KOs) defend his European Union title against Polish Krzysztof Szot (15-1-1, 5 KOs) and Antonio “Big” Moscatiello (13-0, 9 KOs) fights for the vacant Italian welterweight title (some items may say Daniel Petrucci as co-challenger)....

Ended with a draw, but Branco deserved to win (two points for me) was a good match played at a good pace (despite the age of the two gentlemen)..although I can hardly talk about a world title..

In the undercard Luca Giacon win for technical decision but not convinced, has flashes of class-leading but remains on shots and as long as it is a brave Polish boxer can go but if you find a fighter higher class you end up with the ass on the ground....

Great performance for always entertainer Bundu.

It was a heated fight, with a football-like atmosphere with competing fans screaming loudly to support their hero, after a sluggish opening Bundu picked up the pace with a greater variety of punches at his disposal and, as the fight wore on, the brave Moscatiello was forced to take some brutal punishment. It was a powerful body shot that brought Moscatiello to his knees in the fifth round, It was the first title defense for Leo and he now might be ready for a world title fight.

Saw highlights of the Bundu fight and he did well despite the cut. He looks in fantastic physical condition for his age.

Exactly, Bundu is in great condition, not only physical but also mental and for one fighter as him is the first step for fight against all

Good that Modugno won regardless of his opposition, he needs to get used to spoilers :)

you're right, however, was to start first with the hooks, the opponent has engaged him and had to listen to the coach who questioned him immediately after the first..

(left hook to the body...)

• 3 weeks later...

Good fights Saturday evening in Italy, former euro contender Giuseppe “The End” Lauri will face former amateur star Michele Di Rocco for the vacant European Union super lightweight title and IBF female super flyweight champion Simona Galassi will defend her title against WBF bantamweight champion Renata Szebeledi

On the undercard European and WBC super featherweight official challenger Devis Boschiero back in action

Good fights Saturday evening in Italy, former euro contender Giuseppe “The End” Lauri will face former amateur star Michele Di Rocco for the vacant European Union super lightweight title and IBF female super flyweight champion Simona Galassi will defend her title against WBF bantamweight champion Renata Szebeledi

On the undercard European and WBC super featherweight official challenger Devis Boschiero back in action

I was going to add the Lauri vs Rocco fight to this weeks Prediction League but went with the Vincenzo Rossitto 41(25)-7(4)-2 vs Levan Jomardashvili - Cruiserweight fight.

Lauri vs Di Rocco I think it's more interesting and balanced

My error....Di Rocco was simply too strong and consistent and win easily, it is time that multi euro-contender Lauri is dedicated to coaching and training boxe and nail to hang up his gloves, has become only a scalp on the palmares of boxers ambitious

It's only a rumors but it's possible in the next future another euro-derby.

In the light welterweight...If 'El Salsero' Brunet Zamora win against Shafikov will fight Michele Di Rocco (is a rivalry that lasts for years, have two victories a piece (at amateur level)...