Povetkin vs. Huck on February 25 in Stuttgart

The_budweiser

Next year's major boxing highlight has been arranged: WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck (34-1, 25 KOs) will challenge the WBA heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin (23-0, 16 KOs) in Stuttgart’s Porsche-Arena on February 25, 2012. Both rivals have now struck an agreement.

This will be the Heavyweight Fight of the Year without a doubt, commented Kalle Sauerland. There will be more action in this fight than we have seen in Heavyweight World Championship fights in many years. Two real gladiators with both speed and power: Huck has proven himself as the number one Cruiserweight in the world with hands of steel; Povetkin as the most exciting Heavyweight prospect seen since a young Tyson, and who last year crushed Chagaev to realise his dream of becoming World Champion. Speaking as a boxing fan who has missed big action heavyweight championship fights the waiting is over!! I am not sure how long the fight will last but this will be an absolute must-see!.

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/32063-povetkin-vs-huck-on-february-25-in-stuttgart.html#ixzz1hRym6Brr

I don't understand why some of you have reacted positively to this fight - tp me, it's a nothing fight for Povetkin, who should be stepping up and up as he targets a Klitschko. Huck is a cruiserweight and a pretty limited one at that - he's not going to teach Povetkin anything and I don't see him winning.

I don't understand why some of you have reacted positively to this fight - tp me, it's a nothing fight for Povetkin, who should be stepping up and up as he targets a Klitschko. Huck is a cruiserweight and a pretty limited one at that - he's not going to teach Povetkin anything and I don't see him winning.

Agreed.

I dont see the interest in this myself.

Povetkin broke through with such promise at one stage but he seems to be intent on not actually progressing his career.

Also I dont see how why Huck should be getting a title shot in his first fight at the weight. Granted Haye did it, sort of, but in Hayes case there was genuine interest in seeing him move up and take on the Klitschkos. Is anybody out there really clamoring to see Marco Huck move up to Heavy? Hes a very average Cruiser for a start.

Agreed.

I dont see the interest in this myself.

Povetkin broke through with such promise at one stage but he seems to be intent on not actually progressing his career.

Also I dont see how why Huck should be getting a title shot in his first fight at the weight. Granted Haye did it, sort of, but in Hayes case there was genuine interest in seeing him move up and take on the Klitschkos. Is anybody out there really clamoring to see Marco Huck move up to Heavy? Hes a very average Cruiser for a start.

Huck is genuinely a huge name in Germany a lot like Haye was here tbh...though neither of them really stood much a chance against the real champions and this is another nail in the coffin of the WBA's "heavyweight title" that has again found it's way into another C level title fight.

I like the fight but neither of these can call himself a true World Champion at Heavyweight. They aint even the true WBA champ.

The WBA is making itself into a joke with the "regular" or "ordinary" title or whatever they call it. Like you, I don't mind the fight itself because it's a decent contest with some intrigue based on both guys strengths (and shortcomings), but to pretend it has any true barring whatsoever on the HW TITLE picture is laughable.