Alleged rumours that "Allegedly Channel" haven't b

iamasadlittleboy

A number of rumours have circulated via various means that fighters on Boxnation haven't been paid in recent months including a recent world title challenger who has recently left his trainer (and was unable to pay said trainer). Whilst the story hasn't been published it's also not been denied by certain over-weight members of the staff who work for Boxnation.

If the rumours turn out to be true...just how long does "the home of boxing" have left?...

One problem with this rumor, BoxNation pay the promoter, not the fighters.

BoxNation have supposedly signed up more customers than expected (I heard 5,000 but it was just a word of mouth thing), if any of the Warren clan arent passing the money they are receiving along to their fighters then thats something that they have to take up with Frank, Franics (or the other one whose name escapes me).

The MD stated that they were taking a huge risk launching when they did rather than in 2012, where by February the fights will flow quicker, but if its true that they have signed up more than they had projected then "how long does it have left?" probably a while yet.

BoxNation have supposedly signed up more customers than expected (I heard 5,000 but it was just a word of mouth thing), if any of the Warren clan arent passing the money they are receiving along to their fighters then thats something that they have to take up with Frank, Franics (or the other one whose name escapes me).

The MD stated that they were taking a huge risk launching when they did rather than in 2012, where by February the fights will flow quicker, but if its true that they have signed up more than they had projected then "how long does it have left?" probably a while yet.

5,000? I've heard 30,000 and heard that they had been expecting significantly more

5,000 @ £50 just...£250,000

Frank apparently said they are having "teething problems"

It's just a lot of scaremongering and rumour...

I don't know what their break-even figure is, but apparently they are well ahead of their subscription targets.

If it works out, then it's a good thing for boxing.

In the chance that it doesn't work out, then it's going to scare other channels off from putting money into the sport.

You only have to look at some of the PPV buys in this country to know that the interest is there at least.

It's not like you're going to sign up for 6 months and then they're going to shut down ffs...

5,000? I've heard 30,000 and heard that they had been expecting significantly more

5,000 @ £50 just...£250,000

Frank apparently said they are having "teething problems"

I wasnt clear with what I said.

I meant 5,000 more customers than they expected.

They need to get a big fight on in 2012.

The MD was in charge of Setantas Boxing output and he said that the Calzaghe/Hopkins fight added 90,000 viewers in the build up to the fight with over 60,000 staying on.

I dont think they are in anything like the trouble that the rumours let on, but a big marquee fight wouldnt do them any harm.

Think your'll get a few of these type of rumours. I think the channel will do well in 2012.

I agree, I think it's inevitable you will get some of these rumors......many of them from people who don't want to see BoxNation succeed. It's like any other business, there are going to be enemies in the marketplace.