Pantera Miranda "Cleverly will feel stupid when I'm don

The_budweiser

One of boxing's hardest punchers and most exciting warriors, Edison "Pantera" Miranda (35-6, 30 KOs), fresh off a sensational TKO win over WBO #7 light heavyweight Kariz Kariuki on Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, is already back in the gym looking and forward to his next bout.

"I felt really good in there. Probably the best I have felt in years," said the energized Miranda. "I trained hard and was in great shape. Kariz hit me a few times, but I was able to walk right through them. I knew I could hurt him with the left and as soon as I saw the opportunity I took advantage of it."

Miranda dropped Kariuki in round five with a devastating counter hook. Kariuki was able to get up, but never recovered. Shortly after, the fight was stopped by referee Allan Huggins.

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/32046-pantera-miranda-qcleverly-will-feel-stupid-when-im-done-with-himq.html#ixzz1hBmuDnzU

He's too small at Light Heavyweight and while he did have power it seems to have diminished at the higher weight. I'd be quite happy to see Miranda fighting Cleverly in Wales, as I'm a fan of both fighters. But Cleverly will get criticised for this fight as Miranda's best is behind him.

I don't know if he can get too much criticism if this is the opponent he chooses.

He IS still a pretty hard puncher, and 30 KO's from 36 wins will tell you that.

It's a big risk to step in with a guy like Miranda, who he won't get too much credit for beating, but the risk probably outweighs the reward too...

Let's be honest, he is a relatively well-known name, he still has a decent fanbase (I still like the guy too, despite the fact his peak was probably the Abraham fight all those years ago), and one thing is for sure - he'll turn up to fight.

Someone usually gets knocked out in Miranda fights, and Cleverly's not a particularly big puncher, so he'll run the risk for 12 rounds given what Bellew could do.

An Edison Miranda... even at 30%.. is still leagues above a Tony Bellew imo.

Hang on a minute, when did Miranda become a non puncher?

He may have been found wanting at the elite level but to discredit the guys punching power is nonsense.

As for a Clev fight, I actually think it would be a lot more dangerous than it should be. Lets face it, Clev will get drawn in to a fight. For a clever lad he seems a little bit too thick not too.

I woud predict a Clev win, and considering some of the names being banded about Miranda wouldnt be any worse than them, but it wouldnt just be a walk over.

I agree with Meathead here, and while Miranda is not where he once was and there's no longer any great secret about how to beat him, the matchup is not without some risk. He's certainly going to be less of a KO threat at Light Heavy than he was, but Cleve makes a mistake and leaves himself vulnerable, then Miranda might surprise him with a shot or two. It's not a great matchup, but I'd draw the line at calling it totally uninteresting.

He's too small at Light Heavyweight and while he did have power it seems to have diminished at the higher weight. I'd be quite happy to see Miranda fighting Cleverly in Wales, as I'm a fan of both fighters. But Cleverly will get criticised for this fight as Miranda's best is behind him.

I don't know if he can get too much criticism if this is the opponent he chooses.

He IS still a pretty hard puncher, and 30 KO's from 36 wins will tell you that.

It's a big risk to step in with a guy like Miranda, who he won't get too much credit for beating, but the risk probably outweighs the reward too...

Let's be honest, he is a relatively well-known name, he still has a decent fanbase (I still like the guy too, despite the fact his peak was probably the Abraham fight all those years ago), and one thing is for sure - he'll turn up to fight.

Someone usually gets knocked out in Miranda fights, and Cleverly's not a particularly big puncher, so he'll run the risk for 12 rounds given what Bellew could do.

An Edison Miranda... even at 30%.. is still leagues above a Tony Bellew imo.

I was thinking of it in the context of 2012 defences: Fonfara, Miranda and Enzo Mac. If that happens as I suspect it could, then there will be plenty who disaprove. I've personally no problem with those 3.

Hang on a minute, when did Miranda become a non puncher?

He may have been found wanting at the elite level but to discredit the guys punching power is nonsense.

As for a Clev fight, I actually think it would be a lot more dangerous than it should be. Lets face it, Clev will get drawn in to a fight. For a clever lad he seems a little bit too thick not too.

I woud predict a Clev win, and considering some of the names being banded about Miranda wouldnt be any worse than them, but it wouldnt just be a walk over.

Not sure who is calling him a "non puncher" but I think its clear to see that his power is not quite as effective at the higher weight but that is often natural when fighters move through the weights - their power doesn't carry. When I saw his last opponent it was as though they found someone for him to get a KO over.